Discussion NDTV has been removed by Hathway CableTV from some popular packs

As much I know, NDTV is owned by a proxy of Mukesh Ambani and Hathway is directly owned by Mukesh Ambani.
Then why all this/any drama?????

As much I know, NDTV is owned by a proxy of Mukesh Ambani and Hathway is directly owned by Mukesh Ambani.
Then why all this/any drama?????
Ndtv Is owned by Prannoy Roy

NDTV should make NDTV India a FTA channel. Keep rest of the channels as pay channels.

NDTV should make NDTV India a FTA channel. Keep rest of the channels as pay channels.
It is already FTA because available on DD Free Dish but like many other FTA channels they charge users on pay platforms. This is probably done because Rs 0 free channels can't be included in broadcaster bouquets with paid channels, hence they price is around Rs 1 to add in packages.

The way NDTV responded is just so weird, it seems like Hathway removed NDTV from their platform but actually they just modified their own packages. Every service provider has right to take such decisions based on demand and need of their customers. If majority of users are not watching any particular channel then it is logical thing from operator to remove it from their popular plans, they can replace it with another more demanded channel or reduce pack prices.

The way NDTV responded is just so weird, it seems like Hathway removed NDTV from their platform but actually they just modified their own packages. Every service provider has right to take such decisions based on demand and need of their customers. If majority of users are not watching any particular channel then it is logical thing from operator to remove it from their popular plans, they can replace it with another more demanded channel or reduce pack prices.
Exactly, they are acting like don't know how many people even watch their channels and if someone even want to watch it just call cable operator and he will add it in package. Many operators will not even ask for 1 rupees.

Exactly, they are acting like don't know how many people even watch their channels and if someone even want to watch it just call cable operator and he will add it in package. Many operators will not even ask for 1 rupees.
People are switching to DTH for freedom of better selection. I am not defending NDTV. I am stating the reality. It's not easier to modify packs. Nor does operators takes initiative to modify in the middle of the month.
It is already FTA because available on DD Free Dish but like many other FTA channels they charge users on pay platforms. This is probably done because Rs 0 free channels can't be included in broadcaster bouquets with paid channels, hence they price is around Rs 1 to add in packages.
I already know about it's availability on DD FreeDish. I am saying to keep one channel FTA for better exposure. Even most of it's competitors are FTA channels like ABP, TV9, Banana etc.

They can still continue selling bouquets for English channels. English news segment is premium. Let me tell you. The only reason I get Aaj Tak is because it comes in a better deal with India Today. If it didn't it wouldn't be part of the package. English speaking population is satisfied with English News channels.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock