• Thread starter iphifi
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 72
  • Views: Views 7,792

iphifi

Contributor
Reaction score
Netflix Launched in India, Plans Start at Rs. 500 Per Month

Netflix has officially announced its entry into India and 130 other markets in Asia, the Middle East, and Europe. The on-demand TV, movies, and video streaming powerhouse is nowavailable in the country, with plans starting at Rs. 500 per month for access on 1 SD screen. For Rs. 650 per month you can watch HD content on 2 screes at a time, and Rs. 800 per month will get you 4K content on up to 4 screens simultaneously.

Netflix Launched in India, Plans Start at Rs. 500 Per Month | NDTV Gadgets360.com

Netflix - Watch TV Shows Online, Watch Movies Online

RE: Netflix Launched in India, Plans Start at Rs. 500 Per Month

Its a great news for those who want to watch their favourite shows as per their convenience.
But I think the subscription fees are a little high. It should have been Rs.300 per month at least for the initial one or two years.

So customer have to pay for high speed broadband which will costs Rs 3000 on top of that Rs 800 is for netflix. So looks like monthly bill is going to be around Rs 4000 :lol

BTW is it ad free or it is like hotstar ?

Sarkar said:
So customer have to pay for high speed broadband which will costs Rs 3000 on top of that Rs 800 is for netflix. So looks like monthly bill is going to be around Rs 4000 [emoji38]

BTW is it ad free or it is like hotstar ?
My high speed broadband costs only 1200 per month and that plus 800 becomes 2000.

The wait is finally over for all the Netflix fans in India. The world’s leading content and over-the-top (OTT) platform has switched on its service in India starting 6 January.

Netflix CEO Reed Hastings, while giving a keynote address at CES 2016, Las Vegas, announced the launch of the service in 130 countries, including India.

“Today, I am delighted to announce that while we were here on stage at the CES, we switched Netflix on in India, Vietnam, Nigeria, Poland, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, South Korea, Turkey, Indonesia—in all 130 new countries.”

Netflix, which was available in 60 countries earlier, has now gone live in nearly every country across the world except China, where Hastings hopes to be in the near future.

“Today you are witnessing the birth of a new global internet TV network,” said Hastings. “With this launch, consumers around the world—from Singapore to St Petersburg, from San Francisco to Sao Paulo–will be able to enjoy TV shows and movies simultaneously—no more waiting.

With the help of the internet, we are putting power in consumers’ hands to watch whenever, wherever and on whatever device.”

For one monthly price, subscribers around the world will be able to enjoy Netflix original series including ‘Marvel’s Daredevil’ and ‘Marvel’s Jessica Jones’, ‘Narcos’, ‘Sense8’, ‘Grace and Frankie’, and ‘Marco Polo’, as well as a catalogues of licensed TV shows and movies.

In India, the subscription plans are available at Rs 500–800 per month. For Rs 500 per month, a user can get access to one SD screen; for Rs 650 per month, the content can be accessed in HD on two screens at a time.

The Rs 800 per month plan will give a viewer access to 4K content on up to four screens simultaneously.

Netflix also announced that in this year it plans to release 31 new and returning original series, two dozen original feature films and documentaries, a wide range of stand-up comedy specials and 30 original kids series.

Moreover, while largely available in English in most new countries, Netflix has today added Arabic, Korean, Simplified and Traditional Chinese to the 17 languages it already supports.

Read more at: http://www.televisionpost.com/tvp-special/netflix-launches-in-india-with-plan-starting-rs-500-a-month/ | TelevisionPost.com

ilikered said:
My high speed broadband costs only 1200 per month and that plus 800 becomes 2000.

Wow amazing :skd

Operator ? Bandwidth ? Any FUP ? :huh

Sarkar said:
Wow amazing :skd

Operator ? Bandwidth ? Any FUP ? :huh
Act Fibernet
40mbps
100gb

ilikered said:
Act Fibernet
40mbps
100gb

Wow very lucky :sp Here only 3 Mbps costs Rs 1800 :'(

BTW My monthly usage on only one device is close to 80 Gb though my 1 Mbps cannot run HD on youtube, it runs only 480p so, are you sure 100 GB limit will be enough if you replace cable/dth with netflix for a whole month on 4 devices and watch in HD/4K ? :huh

Sarkar said:
Wow very lucky :sp Here only 3 Mbps costs Rs 1800 :'(

BTW Are you sure 100 GB limit will be enough if you replace cable/dth with netflix for a whole month on 4 devices and watch in HD/4K ? :huh
I don't think it's enough. But post fup, I'll get a speed of 4mbps which should be good enough for streaming.

BTW, I already signed up for 650 per month plan.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock