Discussion New English Show Updates & Discussions

Strange that abc network or FX production shows whose linear rights r with star or viacom18, these r not residing with their respective OTT platforms instead they r available on digital platform like Amazon Prime Video or Netflix. Hotstar used to always get both rights but now b it for bollywood movies or eng shows trend has changed

Strange that abc network or FX production shows whose linear rights r with star or viacom18, these r not residing with their respective OTT platforms instead they r available on digital platform like Amazon Prime Video or Netflix. Hotstar used to always get both rights but now b it for bollywood movies or eng shows trend has changed
What does Linear rights mean?

Tonight Show had a lockdown edition for many months, just few days back on set shooting resumed. Also comedy central might b facing tough time getting rights of popular shows at correctly suited price. Remember revenues of English Chs is dwindling right now

Comedy Central has some good experience with BCCC. I won't hesitate to complain to BCCC if The Daily Show is caught making racist and degratory remarks.

Platforms are dynamic in India which should be the case for healthy competition. All streaming platforms now seem to have different sets of audience.

If u are referring to Fargo, it's not owned by FX/Disney in India but MGM. And Star haven't really invested in ABC Studios's Titles for Hotstar apart from Castle, Revenge and Some others which are expired and Hotstar getting new Titles because of Disney like Godfather of Harlem and Little Fires Everywhere. Even they got Marvel shows by ABC in Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D, Inhumans and Cloak and Dagger and One Upon a Time. They will be getting more Shows soon as most of them are already on DC just haven't made available in India yet like Criminal Minds, Alias, Lost, Futurama, Wizards of Waverly Place to name a few.

If u are referring to Fargo, it's not owned by FX/Disney in India but MGM. And Star haven't really invested in ABC Studios's Titles for Hotstar apart from Castle, Revenge and Some others which are expired and Hotstar getting new Titles because of Disney like Godfather of Harlem and Little Fires Everywhere. Even they got Marvel shows by ABC in Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D, Inhumans and Cloak and Dagger and One Upon a Time. They will be getting more Shows soon as most of them are already on DC just haven't made available in India yet like Criminal Minds, Alias, Lost, Futurama, Wizards of Waverly Place to name a few.
We Can Expect Show from respective disney brands to be back On Hotstar which is owned by Disney as we know they're planning to launch a streaming service under Star brand (my assumption is It can be Hotstar) which will have All Shows from ABC Network,FreeForm & FX. (Only those who are produced under Disney Label)

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock