Breaking New tp added by Sun Direct from measat

• Thread starter Navi08
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 60
  • Views: Views 14,461
Status
Not open for further replies.
In New TP they are using DVB S2 (as per other forum sources) , so they can add more channels to this TP. What we can see from the activity on this TP is , they are trying to move all Odia / Bengali channels to this TP and free up the other TP in DVB S. Definitely another new bulk channel addition is in the queue.
There's no DVB-S TP in SunDirect, all their TPs are using DVB-S2 only.
I wonder who gave such a wrong info in your other forum you referred. :unsure:

There's no DVB-S TP in SunDirect, all their TPs are using DVB-S2 only.
I wonder who gave such a wrong info in your other forum you referred. :unsure:

Are u sure , currently only HD TP is DVB S2. Others are in DVB S.

Are u sure , currently only HD TP is DVB S2. Others are in DVB S.
I am repeating and again advising not to refer such wrong info spreading forums.
I repeat :
1. There's no DVB-S TP used by SunDirect
2. SunDirect has only DVB-S2 TPs
3. HD TPs of SunDirect are using HEVC/H. 265 format, which is a type of compression format. This is no way related with the broadcast standard (DVB-S / DVB-S2 / DVB-S2X...)

Last edited:
I am repeating and again advising not to refer such wrong info spreading forums.
I repeat :
1. There's no DVB-S TP used by SunDirect
2. SunDirect has only DVB-S2 TPs
3. HD TPs of SunDirect are using HEVC/H. 265 format, which is a type of compression format. This is no way related with the broadcast standard (DVB-S / DVB-S2 / DVB-S2X...)

Before countering please check the facts ,

You can refer scan results on this forum as well.

Channel updates from Measat 3 (Sun Direct) TPs using USB DVBS/S2 Card

HEVC (H.265) is a compression encoding standard. Currently SUN Direct uses HEVC (H.265) only for their HD channels.

Other SD channels are using MPEG 4 compression - DVB S - QPSK

Last edited:
Before countering please check the facts ,

You can refer scan results on this forum as well.

Channel updates from Measat 3 (Sun Direct) TPs using USB DVBS/S2 Card

HEVC (H.265) is a compression encoding standard. Currently SUN Direct uses HEVC (H.265) only for their HD channels.

Other SD channels are using MPEG 4 compression - DVB S - QPSK

bro, I said that clearly above, DVB-S and DVB-S2 are types of broadcast standard; whereas HEVC or H.265 is a type of compression standard. don't get confused with broadcast standard and compression standard.

both SD and HD channels of SunDirect are in MPEG4 format only

bro, I said that clearly above, DVB-S and DVB-S2 are types of broadcast standard; whereas HEVC or H.265 is a type of compression standard. don't get confused with broadcast standard and compression standard.

Check the scan results thread bro.. DVB S is mentioned in all TPs and not DVB S2.

Bro , Nowhere I said Sun Direct is not using MPEG 4 for their SD Channels.

For SD channels they currently using standard MPEG 4 encoding , for HD HEVC H.265.

Encoding is different from Broadcasting Methodology , ie DVB S / DVB S2.

SUN Direct uses DVB S with QPSK Modulation for SD channels. Please check the satellite scan report in DreamDTH (link provided in earlier post). For HD they are using DVB S2 with 8PSK modulation. Now in new TP they are using DVB S2 with 8 PSK , for the same reason people with old STB (DVB S) not able to receive this TP.

SUN Direct is the first to launch with MPEG 4 , but Airtel DTH is the one with MPEG 4 with DVB S2. You can check old threads on this.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock