New TV show based on the film OMG: Oh my God!

Dileep Kumar

Reaction score
New Delhi: The critically acclaimed satirical filmOMG - Oh My God, which starred Akshay Kumar and Paresh Rawal in pivotal roles is the inspiration behind Zee TV's new TV show titledNeeli Chhatri Wale.

In the TV show, actor Yashpal Sharma will be seen as Bhagwan Das, a quintessential common man who 'meets' and 'befriends' God.

The TV show is being produced by Ashwini Dhir who has directed films likeSon of SardaarandAtithi Tum Kab Jaoge? in the past.

A statement by the producers said that the show will narrate Bhagwan Das' journey of listening to his inner voice through conversations with God.

The story seems pretty much in tune withOMG - Oh My God!which was a refreshing take on people's blind faith in religion.

Noted for his critically acclaimed performances in Hindi films, Sharma plays Bhagwan Das, a middle-aged, middle class man based in Kanpur who is constantly torn between his personal and professional life.

"The show explores a unique relationship between man and God as friends. Based on the philosophy of ‘God is within us’, Neeli Chhatri Waleis a light hearted drama highlighting the relationship between Bhagwan Das and Lord Shiva; who emerges in front of him - not as the hallowed avatar but as a young, smart, contemporary youth wielding a blue umbrella," the statement read further.

The Zee TV team is currently hunting for an actor to essay the critical role of Lord Shiva.

New TV show based on the film OMG: Oh my God!

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock