No surround sound xstream box

Just now realized that on xstream box NETFLIX can reproduce 5.1 surround. Netflix clearly shows on title whether it supports 5.1 or not.

But amazon prime can not reproduce 5.1 format on xstream box. I think it's related to android and prime vdo compatibility issues.

BUT I have also observed that Sony liv on xstream could not reproduce 5.1 format, but same movie when played on amazon fire stick could reproduce 5.1 format.

What could be the reason?
So netflix works. Other OTTs and channels not working. That means software problem.

What's solution then? Is it issue related to air tel? Should I get it changed?
I would say so. Contact customer care first. Tell that 'manual' option missing and netflix works and others not working.

You should go through this thread.

Discussion - Audio issues on XStream Smart box

In a nutshell, Xstream Box doesn't produce Dolby on Prime Video app. Netflix, hotstar and HD channels like Star Movies HD works fine and produces Dolby. However, with the recent update, after the manual audio mode was removed, several members reported issues with Dolby audio, even on these. There's something wrong with the update, please report it on Twitter @Airtel_Presence and they can possibly roll back your STB to the previous version.

You should go through this thread.

Discussion - Audio issues on XStream Smart box

In a nutshell, Xstream Box doesn't produce Dolby on Prime Video app. Netflix, hotstar and HD channels like Star Movies HD works fine and produces Dolby. However, with the recent update, after the manual audio mode was removed, several members reported issues with Dolby audio, even on these. There's something wrong with the update, please report it on Twitter @Airtel_Presence and they can possible roll back your STB to the previous version.
I got the previous version two weeks back

Spoke to airtel technical team about issue. I was told that manual option has been removed in recent software update. Options are "AUTO" and "No surround sound".
I was told choose second option. Now I am getting surround sound, but sound is too low. I feel as if subwoofer is not working. When same title is heard on LG OS or fire TV stick, sound is awesome.
What's way out now?

Last edited:
Spoke to airtel technical team about issue. I was told that manual option has been removed in recent software update. Options are "AUTO" and "No surround sound".
I was told choose second option. Now I am getting surround sound, but sound is too low. I feel as if subwoofer is not working. When same title is heard on LG OS or fire TV stick, sound is awesome.
What's way out now?
Ask them to roll your STB back to the previous version of the SW. That didn't have these issues.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock