Notice to three DTH operators for not showing mandatory channels

• Thread starter dipak
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 47
  • Views: Views 5,857
dipayan said:
Ts can reply that department of space (isro) has not provided tp yet though they have applied in 2007 so they wouldn't be able to carry those channels. So they aren't bound to carry remaining dd channels.

I agree with you! :)

bhargavachandra said:
You were right when you said Tata Sky should have moved to another foreign satellite. They paid the price for staying with the indigenous satellite.

You are correct bro, TS should have considered foreign TPs just like any other DTH. This would have avoided spending almost Rs1000 cr on mpeg4 migration. This is classic example of how shortsighted vision of few people at the helm of an organisation can cause immense damage to the reputation of company & loss to the company.
Anyway its not upto us to ask govt to modify their rules & regulations just for a single DTH provider. TS CEO Harit Nagpal has already threatened Isro of lawsuit. So its upto him to file case & get some sort of stay from court. It seems atleast till that time TS has no other alternative but to add DD channels, because they keep adding other channels required for growth of their business keeping aside govt rules.

NinadG said:
You are correct bro, TS should have considered foreign TPs just like any other DTH. This would have avoided spending almost Rs1000 cr on mpeg4 migration. This is classic example of how shortsighted vision of few people at the helm of an organisation can cause immense damage to the reputation of company & loss to the company.
Anyway its not upto us to ask govt to modify their rules & regulations just for a single DTH provider. TS CEO Harit Nagpal has already threatened Isro of lawsuit. So its upto him to file case & get some sort of stay from court. It seems atleast till that time TS has no other alternative but to add DD channels, because they keep adding other channels required for growth of their business keeping aside govt rules.

NinadG bro, I agree with the wrong decision of choosing an Indian satellite.

But I can't comment on adhering to DD channel addition. It's a Tata Sky call and it's upto them. I can't say they did right or wrong whether they take the decision to add DD channels or not in the days to come.

Like I said in an earlier post, The current Indian Government is famous for issuing useless regulations. Instead of making the DD channels mandatory, why not regularize the other important issues that are plaguing the DTH consumer today. How many of us would watch DD channels vs. how many of us are suffering due to poor and inefficient government rules which are taken advantage by Broadcasters and DTH providers.

Guys, are there any foreign Satellites with free ku-Band TPs at 83° E with India mainland footprint?

This question is indirectly related to the topic of discussion going on here, the Moderator or Administrator can delete this question if needed.

bhargavachandra said:
NinadG bro, I agree with the wrong decision of choosing an Indian satellite.

But I can't comment on adhering to DD channel addition. It's a Tata Sky call and it's upto them. I can't say they did right or wrong whether they take the decision to add DD channels or not in the days to come.

Exactly Bro, we cann't do anything about TS' slapdash approach of doing business atleast for TP management is concerned. So lets hope that they will sort out their problems with govt & also obey the rules....:hello
I think you can get foreign sat footprint details on websites like lyngsat...:hello

MRLyb7y.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Right Bro, its true that broadcasters & DTH operaters are taking advantages of current situation so its upto us to create awareness regarding rights of poor people & customers in order to pressurize govt to act.
There are many irrgularities being commited by DTH operators so lets hope that atleast future govt acts tough & takes care of customer interests by implementing DTH portability.
Current govt is famous for many unwanted things, but then it needs people like you & me to run the govt in order to correct these wrongdoings.....;)

NinadG said:
MRLyb7y.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Right Bro, its true that broadcasters & DTH operaters are taking advantages of current situation so its upto us to create awareness regarding rights of poor people & customers in order to pressurize govt to act.
There are many irrgularities being commited by DTH operators so lets hope that atleast future govt acts tough & takes care of customer interests by implementing DTH portability.
Current govt is famous for many unwanted things, but then it needs people like you & me to run the govt in order to correct these wrongdoings.....;)

I agree with you completely and absolutely, bro. I'm badly missing those golden days of India when I was in High School. I hope and wish the very best for our country in the years to come. :)

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock