Now motorsports to go the IPL franchise way

Napster

Reaction score
Machdar Motorsports is hoping to do for motorsports what the Indian Premier League (IPL) has done for cricket. The motorsports management company has launched the i1 super series, a franchise-based model consisting of nine teams in seven cities involving 14 races.

The nine franchises are being sold at a base price of $5 million by invitation only.

Conducted under the aegis of the world governing body FIA (Federation Internationale de l'Automobile ) and the Federation of Motor Sports clubs of India (FMSCI), the i1 Super Series event will kick off on 18 December in Noida. It will also have races in Chennai, Pattaya, Kuala Lumpur, Doha, Dubai and Abu Dhabi."We are speaking to cricketers like Sachin Tendulkar, Yuvraj Singh and Bollywood stars for funds. We hope to finalise deals next month. We want franchise owners who are passionate about developing the event,” 1 Super Series managing director Darshan M said.

The franchises are expected to recoup their investments in the fourth year. "In addition to the fee, the franchises will spend around $2.5-3 million a year. An entity will own a franchise for 15 years. Each team will race with two cars forming an 18 car grid. We have identified 10 cities including the major metros where franchises will be located,” said Darshan.

Sixty per cent of the central revenue pool will go to the franchises. The coverage of the events will be in high-definition.

Read more HERE !!

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock