Breaking NTO 2.0 implementation postponed to 1st June 2022

Update:

We May Need To Forget NTO 2.0

UghXPzR.jpg
This committee will oversee implementation of NTO 2.0 and prepare ground work for NTO 3.0.

If NT 2.0 is scrapped out, then what will be the status of upcoming /re-branding of Star Network Channels? @Vadirocks bro.
It’s important that Disney-Star does not backtrack on launching so many channels that were promised to us. Already they have broken their promise of launching new channels by the end of this year. NTO should not cause any more problems with the channel launches.

OK @JollyLNB bro. I understood. Thank you for that, but the query still remains that - "Will the channel price be reduced from Rs. 19+ GST to Rs. 12+ GST for both SD and HD channels?."

Can we expect stop on discount of secondary connection ncf

No

You can refer the ROI published by all the broadcasters.
Yes.. The RIO suggested that the main channel price would be hiked if NT2.0 was implemented from 1st December '21.

But now it's differed till April '22. I don't think price hike may be continued, although it is my personal opinion.

Cable providers warn that NTO 2.0 will result in the loss of 1 million jobs

The Cable Operators United Front (COUF), located in Delhi, has requested the government to halt the implementation of the New Tariff Order (NTO) 2.0, which will have a negative impact on the cable TV industry, which employs millions of people in India.

The COUF claimed in a letter to Information and Broadcasting Minister Anurag Thakur that the introduction of NTO 2.0 will result in the loss of one million jobs because the cable sector would become unviable as a result of broadcaster rate hikes.The COUF said that the tariff hike will make TV subscription unaffordable for a large section of the society which would result in a drop in the overall pay-TV subscriber base. It further stated that the cable TV industry has lost close to 15-20 million subscribers and the new pricing will further add to the pain. Cable TV, it noted, has been continuously losing subscribers to OTT platforms and DD Free Dish.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock