Breaking NTO 2.0 partially upheld by Bombay HC

• Thread starter Thread starter Vadirocks
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 709
  • Views Views: Views 94,491
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think 30-45 days advance notification required for that. They can't immediately change price as soon as series starts or ends.

Just Check IPL And T20 World Cup Dates Bro!

It's Just My Imagination

For one off time in an year, they can do so. But DD sports/freedish threat is there, so they won't go that way. As subscribers can use DD sports 1.0 for live cricket
See, no one will buy Freedish STB just for the Live Cricket and when Pq is just SD when CONNECTED on big screen TV'S., it's just the worst.

Also, you cannot expect anyone from South Dependening on DD Free Dish either as no remotely popular South channels are available on Free Dish and they won't be.

Last edited:
Why just 19 they can even price 40, 60 or 75(earlier it was) if out of bouquet
I don't think this will be a good option for broadcasters. If they go beyond the price cap of 12, they not only lose the opportunity of adding these channels in broadcaster bouquets but also in distributors bouquets. These channels can then only be available on a la carte. This would become like Star - Airtel issue in 2018. Where star network channels were available only on a la carte.

Last edited:
@Siva

What If Star Priced Below Channels At Rs.25-30 At The Time Of IPL & T20 World Cup

Then Reduce It Once Tournament Over???

(Star Sports 1 & Star Sports 1 HD, Regional Channels)
Think would be a cumbersome process bro.
1. They need to report such change in MRP to the authority before 30 days of such change. They also need to revise all the Broadcaster Bouquets containing these channels and the same also needs to be reported to the authority within the same time. If they want to change the price back then the same process again.
2. Amend interconnect agreements with distributors.
3. Distributors need to change channel MRP and MRP of all distributor bouquets containing the channel and report to the Authority before 15 days of such change.

Even if the Broadcaster is okay with this cumbersome process, distributors might dispute.

Last edited:
See, no one will buy Freedish STB just for the Live Cricket and when Pq is just SD when CONNECTED on big screen TV'S., it's just the worst.

Also, you cannot expect anyone from South Dependening on DD Free Dish either as no remotely popular South channels are available on Free Dish and they won't be.
Quoting me completely out of context. I am talking about cricket channels only. And yes Freedish dish threat is real even if it dont have subscribers down south. Big screen users are not going to compensate to loss even if a significant minority opts free dish for cricket. Many users have multiple stbs and this phenomena will grow only.

I don't think this will be a good option for broadcasters. If they go beyond the price cap of 19, they not only lose the opportunity of adding these channels in broadcaster bouquets but also in distributors bouquets. These channels can then only be available on a la carte. This would become like Star - Airtel issue in 2018. Where star network channels were available only on a la carte.
Price cap will be 12, not 19 for being part of bouquet in NTO 2

I am yet to understand the need for charging 25-40 rupee per a sports channel when much of revenue is earned through ads. It is understandable for Sony as they have niche content with odd timing which may not attract advertising revenue like Cricket. But what's with Star? There is no justification for them to charge 19 for a channel! Looters! It should not be more than 15 inclusive of taxes.

I am yet to understand the need for charging 25-40 rupee per a sports channel when much of revenue is earned through ads. It is understandable for Sony as they have niche content with odd timing which may not attract advertising revenue like Cricket. But what's with Star? There is no justification for them to charge 19 for a channel! Looters! It should not be more than 15 inclusive of taxes.
With that looting only Star is posting losses every year 😂. Both ad-revenue and subscription revenues are important for broadcasters to rake up their spendings on rights and other costs involved. Simply put Star isn't making any money till now on IPL, they are barely breaking even.

I hope u remember how Sony used to show ads on Cricket. Like they don't even care if viewers missed a ball or two before they complete their ad.

If you don't like how Star operates, then it's fine, atleast give a level fielding area for all the broadcasters. Not long ago, Sony Espn and Sony Six themselves were costing North of 30 ₹, in the IPL Seasons. At that time aren't they looting anyone then.?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom