Breaking NTO 2.0 partially upheld by Bombay HC

• Thread starter Thread starter Vadirocks
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 709
  • Views Views: Views 94,491
Status
Not open for further replies.
Firstly 18% GST is just brainless.
We have to pay 18% for every single channels then again pay 18% for all channels put together. Tax itself makes 1/3rd of the total amount
Broadcasters must pay tax. And consumers must pay 18% only for total amount.

Also why should we pay for FTA. They are meant to be free. Won't broadcaster pay for cable / DTH a carriage fee.

How r paying tax twice? If u subscribe a ch on standalone or in package then tax accordingly is paid. U are not paying it two times
FTA chs r free, the basic slab NCF ia for operational and maintenance cost to opetators. Remember DTH companiea have so much expenditure. Carriage Fee is insufficient to have viable business which is why so many of their home chs run teleshopping ads

@Siva

What If Star Priced Below Channels At Rs.25-30 At The Time Of IPL & T20 World Cup

Then Reduce It Once Tournament Over???

(Star Sports 1 & Star Sports 1 HD, Regional Channels)

Changing RIO at such regular intervals ia not feasible and secondly broadcasters know consumers r extremely price sensitive so they won't take such a decision at any cost. What can happen is offering a premium ad free service channel to operators at high cost

When NTO 1.0 came consumers were confused but now they have understood its workings and even broadcasters by and large are not so unhappy though they give diff vibes. I think some amicable solution will come. We might get better bouquet and pricing

With that looting only Star is posting losses every year 😂. Both ad-revenue and subscription revenues are important for broadcasters to rake up their spendings on rights and other costs involved. Simply put Star isn't making any money till now on IPL, they are barely breaking even.

I hope u remember how Sony used to show ads on Cricket. Like they don't even care if viewers missed a ball or two before they complete their ad.

If you don't like how Star operates, then it's fine, atleast give a level fielding area for all the broadcasters. Not long ago, Sony Espn and Sony Six themselves were costing North of 30 ₹, in the IPL Seasons. At that time aren't they looting anyone then.?
Star made a big mistake by giving high price to ipl rights to bcci. It is due to the stupid addiction of many people to ipl eventhough the matches are scripted and masala-type.

With that looting only Star is posting losses every year 😂. Both ad-revenue and subscription revenues are important for broadcasters to rake up their spendings on rights and other costs involved. Simply put Star isn't making any money till now on IPL, they are barely breaking even.

I hope u remember how Sony used to show ads on Cricket. Like they don't even care if viewers missed a ball or two before they complete their ad.

If you don't like how Star operates, then it's fine, atleast give a level fielding area for all the broadcasters. Not long ago, Sony Espn and Sony Six themselves were costing North of 30 ₹, in the IPL Seasons. At that time aren't they looting anyone then.?
Please don't justify the present wrong by giving example of past. Even with charging 19 per month, sony has a diversity of program. They show telecast a variety of events and their sports HLs. While compared to that the only thing Star does is telecasting cricket highlights 24/7. If you see current schedule, some 22-23 hours are dedicated for Cricket in Star Sports 1. How does it justify charging 19 only for one sports?! And honestly no one told these broadcasters to buy rights at such high inflated price. It's their fault for doing so. ( I very well know that Star/sony bid for near same price).

Star made a big mistake by giving high price to ipl rights to bcci. It is due to the stupid addiction of many people to ipl eventhough the matches are scripted and masala-type.
How Do You Know That IPL Is Scripted if You Don't Like Don't Watch (But Don't Dis respect The Game)

@Siva

What If Star Priced Below Channels At Rs.25-30 At The Time Of IPL & T20 World Cup

Then Reduce It Once Tournament Over???

(Star Sports 1 & Star Sports 1 HD, Regional Channels)
Then Star sports have to shut down their business. It will bring sharp decline in subscriber base upto 90% indirectly affect the ad revenue.
Suppose take example me Sony sports bouquet always active in my STB with star sports select channels. I just dropped star India package due to get rid of ridiculous star sports channels. So star got only around 35 from me instead of 141.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom