Breaking NTO 2.0 partially upheld by Bombay HC

• Thread starter Thread starter Vadirocks
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 709
  • Views Views: Views 94,491
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats why TRAI gave that reply to you😂.
Because you dont want to understand technicalities.
So count means count😎
I think it's same was on the press release. They are selling Satellite TV not Netflix that they would have to differentiate in SD and HD plans.

1. I am paying less than pre-NTO
2. I pay for only those channels, I watch
3. Channels also reduced because, i am not forced to pay for useless channels
But you are still paying for useless channels like fta channels that are included in pack but you don't watch it.
Before NTO consumers were having all channels in cheap price and they were happy.
As all channels were available to consumers there was no tension of adding a specific channel for a specific program and paying more for it.

Have you guys seen how this is actually a curse to both rich and poor people?

Rich people could pay for annual packages before and get discounts and complimentary service channels. Even pay per views were included in some packs. Now-a-days you gotta to opted for a select few channels which might not be to the taste to get annual discount. Meanwhile poor people could pay for cable in 6-7 months when they got the money. I don't see anyone benefiting but those having secondary connection of DTH like Tata Sky. Who could pay for 1 and 2 channels as charges are deducted on daily basis? You can watch football matches on your secondary tv while your family watches daily soaps and news on the family tv.

There
But you are still paying for useless channels like fta channels that are included in pack but you don't watch it.
Before NTO consumers were having all channels in cheap price and they were happy.
As all channels were available to consumers there was no tension of adding a specific channel for a specific program and paying more for it.
Yes we are paying rs 153 for dd free channels....Moreover dd free dish provides star utsav, star utsav movies, Colors Rishtey Bollywood, Colors Ristey, Colors Cineplex, Zee Anmol Cinema and Zee Anmol , Sony Wah , Live Cricket indian Matches, Olympics , For which you need to pay to other service providers....

No. I am not paying for useless FTA channels that i dont watch. Complementary packs are not counted for pricing.

for just watching cricket, earlier needed to pay 60-75 rs extra

Last edited:
No. I am not paying for useless FTA channels that i dont watch. Complementary packs are not counted for pricing
Means useless channels are available for watching to you as Complementary but you don't watch them. Same scenario was there before NTO useless channels were available, consumers were simply ignoring them and were watching channels of their choice.

Yes we are paying rs 153 for dd free channels....Moreover dd free dish provides star utsav, star utsav movies, Colors Rishtey Bollywood, Colors Ristey, Colors Cineplex, Zee Anmol Cinema and Zee Anmol , Sony Wah , Live Cricket indian Matches, Olympics , For which you need to pay to other service providers....
You are paying from a FTA hardware and are signing up to be opted out of pay tv. I feel you though. I think operators atleast needs to provide low cost channels like Star Utsav and Sony Pal on complimentary basis when most are already charging full NCF. This should also include all pay news channels where some barely cost ₹0.10. Paying ₹153 rent with ₹10 - ₹20 for À-la-carte channels is a better deal. As you have freedom to pay for any sports and movie channel per convience.

Means useless channels are available for watching to you as Complementary but you don't watch them. Same scenario was there before NTO useless channels were available, consumers were simply ignoring them and were watching channels of their choice.
You are wisely ignoring paid/FTA part. Were not we paying for useless pay channels earlier? Reg FTA we dont know as NCF was included within pack that time

I think it's same was on the press release. They are selling Satellite TV not Netflix that they would have to differentiate in SD and HD plans.
Satellite also has limitations, DPOs cannot treat HD and SD equally because high definition channels take more bandwidth. Satellites in orbit only have a number of transponders with bandwidth generally between 27 and 50 MHz.

If the detail of the television image is to be increased, then the channel bandwidth must be increased proportionately, and this decreases the number of channels that can be accommodated in the spectrum. Britannica

200 channels. No where it says SD or HD. All it says about is 2 channels counting as 1 channel.
It does mention 200 SD channels. May be you didn't read press release fully or read something else.
vugHVGG.png

Clauses of NTO 2.0 also mentions 200 SD channels.
R1aC2PB.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom