Breaking NTO 2.0 partially upheld by Bombay HC

• Thread starter Thread starter Vadirocks
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 709
  • Views Views: Views 94,491
Status
Not open for further replies.
Update:

Important Week Of NTO 2.0 Pricing, Big Heads To Meet This Week!

Fate Of Fixing Price Of Rs. 20+ Will Be Decided
Apart from that, looters will decide to pull out from freedish. But last time their blackmailing failed miserably. This time too it will.

This. Broadcasters are probably after easy money. Creating good quality content takes time, efforts and investment in talented creative folks. Broadcasters seem to be unwilling to invest in either of them. Old system might continue to give them an opportunity to shove the same low quality content down consumer's throats. NTO apparently forces them to take a difficult path to success. And who likes that, right?
Don't blame broadcasters. Blame consumers. Star had tried to bring critically acclaimed shows. Ratings drop. Than they went back to regular family dramas.
First- they dont eatup slot anymore.
Second- blame govt for mandatory carriage
Good, that DD channels doesn't eat up slots anymore. But why are unwanted channels still mandatory. When NTO is supposed to give what customers wants. Isn't it giving unfair advantage to Doordarshan?

Second why does 1 HD channel eats up slots of 2 SD channels? I asked about these to TRAI. They told me it takes up 2 slots because of HD channels having superior PQ and AQ. Does that even make sense?
imagine why same LCO are not satisfied with 130 rs cap now. they wanted more services charges. Because their shady deeds have become more transparent. Cant cheat broadcasters and govt. Earlier people were also okay with this filth just becoz public also was part of this cheat unknowingly/ even unwillingly
Why do you smell shady deals everywhere? Did anyone even got caught making under the table deals? Meanwhile ₹130 must mean nothing to major operators. What about smaller companies with few customers? How would business be sustainable there?

They are selling it for less to build customer base. Magzter was available for ₹999 a year for unlimited access to magazines and newspapers for two years. Now it is ₹3999 per year.
You can find deals offering full cashback on Magzter. I think one year is ₹1999 and 3 years is ₹3999. IMO Magzter is overpriced. When there are so many legal means to get magazines for free. I think in future pricing of Hotstar VIP wouldn't increase much as it comes with ads. Even streaming services like Peacock in America comes at ridiculously low price as cost can be subsidized from ads.

Second why does 1 HD channel eats up slots of 2 SD channels? I asked about these to TRAI. They told me it takes up 2 slots because of HD channels having superior PQ and AQ. Does that even make sense?
Yeah. it does makes sense because HD takes more bandwidth than SD which cost major part of a DPO.

Why do you smell shady deals everywhere? Did anyone even got caught making under the table deals? Meanwhile ₹130 must mean nothing to major operators. What about smaller companies with few customers? How would business be sustainable there
Earlier LCO could manage everything by just 150-200rs from users. They were paying all taxes + broadcaster from this 150 only. Now after getting 130rs fully in your pocket, it is not sufficient or sustainable for you. Nothing to say more. If still you cant smell then do RTPCR for corona.

Reactions: KGF
2008-The cable tv came to our house in 2008. It was Ortel. They used to charge us 160 per month giving all channels for 2 TV(1 STB, Other analog method). There was also kids plan consisting of channels like Animax, CN costing only 5. Those were great day.
2012- Trai made STB compulsory.
2013- We shifted from old house. Cable was not available in that area. Plus cyclone state like Odisha face so many problem in cable eco system. So we shifted to Videocon dth. The price increased to 220.
2014- Brought another connection of Dish tv. Price increased to 280 with many channels.
2016- My peak interest in TV. Saw Animax for last time this year. It went off air after that. Sad. Mom also stopped watching many soap operas as according to her the content quality downgraded compared to those from 2000s and early 2010s era.
2017- There was that plan in Dish tv which costed 180 and will give us all HD channels. At that time also our monthly expenditure was 280(99-Chota Plan + 180 Game on HD plan)
2019- We brought 2 new TV. Dish tv box became dead with constant lag and all. Shifted to Airtel. The per month price increased to 350.
2020- NTO came in. Now paying 250 for 2 TVs. Getting less channels compared to previous time. But not complaining much as i don't watch TV these days unless it is Football or sometime News like RS TV.
That's my story of monthly price. Price increased, channel decreased, quality of content also decreased over a period of 13 years!

Last edited:
Broadcasters are suffering as well. I don't see much ads on smaller channels. Earlier use to complain about ads.

Remember as a kid how you stumbled stumbled upon channels like Fox Life and TLC in your package? While your job was watching Hungama and Discovery channel. Imagine being a kid now. You get to explore new things if someone in your family has a bouquet carrying that particular channel. NTO is dictating our taste in entertainment.

Our population is advantage. We can negotiate good deals with sports boards. Promising them more exposure and make money from same with ads. Now you can't do same as consumers has to subscribe to channels individually.

Last edited:
If still you cant smell then do RTPCR for corona.
You are a slap to the face of 4 lakh Indians who lost their life from COVID. Do you think it's a joke? It took me two months for my tastebuds and smelling to fully recover. I am still facing health issue. Imagine how much suffered from oxygen shortages.
Yeah. it does makes sense because HD takes more bandwidth than SD which cost major part of a DPO.
No, your math is weak. One count as one. Not two. When you go and buy one pineapple. You don't pay extra for a good looking one. When both weighs same.
Earlier LCO could manage everything by just 150-200rs from users. They were paying all taxes + broadcaster from this 150 only. Now after getting 130rs fully in your pocket, it is not sufficient or sustainable for you.
As I said before it might not affect bigger DPOs. It affects smaller DPOs. As consumers are moving away because of price hike. The only way for them to make money is to adapt to selling broadband with cable connections. Even this is not sustainable for smaller cities and villages.

1. I am paying less than pre-NTO
2. I pay for only those channels, I watch
3. Channels also reduced because, i am not forced to pay for useless channels

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom