Breaking NTO 2.0 partially upheld by Bombay HC

• Thread starter Thread starter Vadirocks
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 709
  • Views Views: Views 94,491
Status
Not open for further replies.
there should be an option like no FTA needed, no need to pay NCF. If you need Sony sports pack, the pack cost only should be paid. so, total cable/dth bill will be ₹50 only. This model will get massive hit.

there should be an option like no FTA needed, no need to pay NCF. If you need Sony sports pack, the pack cost only should be paid. so, total cable/dth bill will be ₹50 only. This model will get massive hit.
this can only happen if you can connect your home to downlinking centre with cable at your own cost.
Ps. NCF is both for pay+FTA.

Ps. You are straight out trying to change the topic for the sake of winning an argument. Seriously, it's not even worth sometimes. It's a waste of time for you, me and others here if we don't stand on the topic we were discussing.
At first I want to make it clear. I respect everyone's views. I consider you one of the users who understands the tv and streaming industry. I am even following you in the other forum. I don't just do that to any random user. I have praised your multiple articles in the past. I have no intention of arguing but have a healthy discussion. I have missed out couple of points on the previous post and it's same bandwidth related.

They are selling it for less to build customer base. Magzter was available for ₹999 a year for unlimited access to magazines and newspapers for two years. Now it is ₹3999 per year. Indians will be willing to pay atleas those who can afford but these broadcasters also have multiple channels for each genre and shuffle the same content on these channels and will charge ₹22 each. IPL will be telecasted live on 3 sports channels simultaneously and Star Gold on weekends. Post season highlights will be telecasted.

But all OTT have lot more exclusive and other content which is not shown on tv. OTT plans will cater to both regular and niche audience but it will b volume game rather than high costing

this can only happen if you can connect your home to downlinking centre with cable at your own cost.
Ps. NCF is both for pay+FTA.
why ....trai can implement it...if Sun direct has ncf of 50₹, then cable & dth can have 10₹ as NCF right.

Don't blame broadcasters. Blame consumers. Star had tried to bring critically acclaimed shows. Ratings drop. Than they went back to regular family dramas.

Good, that DD channels doesn't eat up slots anymore. But why are unwanted channels still mandatory. When NTO is supposed to give what customers wants. Isn't it giving unfair advantage to Doordarshan?

Second why does 1 HD channel eats up slots of 2 SD channels? I asked about these to TRAI. They told me it takes up 2 slots because of HD channels having superior PQ and AQ. Does that even make sense?

Why do you smell shady deals everywhere? Did anyone even got caught making under the table deals? Meanwhile ₹130 must mean nothing to major operators. What about smaller companies with few customers? How would business be sustainable there?

DD channels r essential as it is government backed and helps convery important national events and social messages. Now one should b happy that these r not counted in NCF slabs

HD channel NCF slot logic is right, it is basically operational cost one pays to operators and HD chs consume more resources.

Rs. 130 NCF is more than enough, there r other sources of income like Carriage Fee, Home ch ads etc and now government has brought in many measures to reduce expenditure of operators

why ....trai can implement it...if Sun direct has ncf of 50₹, then cable & dth can have 10₹ as NCF right.
Sun direct is charging 50 NCF and you demanding zero NCF. If you think anyone can offer with 10rs NCF, then they should. TRAI rule is for upper limit and is for everyone. tRAI does not stop anyone from giving 100% discount on NCF.

Last edited:
At first I want to make it clear. I respect everyone's views. I consider you one of the users who understands the tv and streaming industry. I am even following you in the other forum. I don't just do that to any random user. I have praised your multiple articles in the past. I have no intention of arguing but have a healthy discussion. I have missed out couple of points on the previous post and it's same bandwidth related.
See buddy, every active member of our community try to add into the discussion. Of course, sometimes any one of us might be in the wrong and other members will give correct information and will members understand that. In my case I only reply for something when I know something about it, let's take the earlier reply. I was just trying to make u understand why DPO'S have a valid reason for following that practice and thats about it. When you simply reply to that so many things which aren't related to what I was saying I don't know what that should be called. I agree that you spoke regarding bandwidth consumption and all,, but are they even remotely close to what we were discussing earlier. Thats being said, it's up to you on how to maintain healthy discussion from here on out as you said thats what you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom