Breaking NTO 2.0 To Be Implemented From 1st February 2023

Anyday Broadcasters pack is way cheap ahead of this DPO packs.

If NCF is reduced from Broadcasters from 153 to 100 it will be way more benefecial than current packs.
NCF is charged by DPOs, it can't be reduced by the broadcasters. DPO packs can be offered cheaper by the DPOs in several different ways like annual packs, custom bouquets etc., They do this by reducing the NCF within those packs.

Z7YMDZM.jpg

Anyday Broadcasters pack is way cheap ahead of this DPO packs.

If NCF is reduced from Broadcasters from 153 to 100 it will be way more benefecial than current packs.
No broadcasters packs are also costly like for Hindi users if they want Zee , Star, Sony and Viacom 18 cheapest bouquet then the total will be 350-400 (SD cheapest bouquet only). Broadcasters should launch a MINI pack comprising of their Famous channels ( Just for Eg. Star should make a pack in 29 comprising of Star Plus , Star Sports 1 , Star Gold + others small price channles) and yes NCF should reduced to 100 only.
And Dth should introduce Make My Pack with 30-50 as NCF (for consumers who watch only few paid channels) , they can put a condition that Make My Pack shouldn't be less than (say) 150.
Except for reduction of A-la-carte channel's price TRAI tariff order has made consumers to pay more for less channels.
Earlier Tata Play was charging 75/- for one Main HD channels especially SPORTS CHANNELS. and now it has reduced to max. 22.
INTRODUCTION TO NCF IS THE WORST DECISION BY TRAI but still TRAI shows this as a biggest relief to customers.

Airtel always wants ARPU upto Rs.300/-, so they never give discount on NCF
I have Tata Play HD & BINGE Plus connection & both are in temporary suspension mode. I have shifted to Airtel because of UTTAM UDP pack which is best for Hindi users at 117/- per month (Star Plus HD , SET HD, Star Sports 1 HINDI HD , Colors HD + all FTA Channels ) with freedom to add any A-la- carte channel at any time without any additional NCF.
Their UTTAM UDP pack is unbeatable. I will move back to Tata Play if they stop offering this pack in future 😅.

Last edited:
Distribution platform operators are yet to finalize agreements, and many in the industry say that the 1 February deadline will be missed.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock