Oscars 2013: 'Argo' wins best film award, Ang Lee best director

mmadhankumar

The Earth will be better without Us..
Staff member
Community Manager
Reaction score
Ben Affleck's Iran hostage drama "Argo" took home the Oscar for best picture, in a unique presentation done by Jack Nicholson in Hollywood and First Lady Michelle Obama by videolink. "Argo" bested eight rivals for the top prize: "Amour," "Beasts of the Southern Wild," "Django Unchained," "Les Miserables," " Life of Pi," " Lincoln," "Silver Linings Playbook," and "Zero Dark Thirty."

On Nicholson's cue, Obama -- in a glittering silvery gown as stunning as any worn by the stars inside the Dolby Theatre in Hollywood -- opened the envelope at the White House and declared "Argo" the winner.

"I want to thank Canada. I want to thank our friends in Iran, who live under terrible circumstances," said Affleck, a co-producer of the film, speaking at top speed in the very last minutes of the live prime-time Oscar broadcast.

"Argo" recounts how a group of US diplomats who took refuge in the Canadian embassy in Tehran during the Iran hostage crisis were spirited out of the Islamic republic as members of a bogus movie crew.

Putting all speculations to rest, director Ang Lee has won the best director award second time at the 85th Academy Awards. His 'Life of Pi', a fantasy adventure drama widely shot in India, has also won four Oscars, including best cinematography, best visual effects and best original score.

Here are the winners:
image.png

Oscars 2013: 'Argo' wins best film award, Ang Lee best director - The Times of India

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock