• Start date
  • Replies: Replies 120
  • Views: Views 27,439

Siva

Staff member
Community Manager
Solutions
Reaction score
Based on my experience with the remote replacement through official channel, I wanted to make sure the information gathered through this thread isn't lost.

As some of you might be aware, I got a FAKE remote from the dealer, though I have raised an official replacement request and paid 220 rupees. After finding this out, I wrote an email to Airtel with all the differences and pictures. They have immediately responded and sent a replacement and this time it was original. It may not happen with everyone, however it's better to check then and there instead of worrying later.

Below are few things one needs to check when they get their replacement.

If your remote is FAKE,

1. The buttons will be big and hard to press.

2. There will not be any indicator on the number 5 button which is mandatory for all the certified electronic devices. It's helpful for visually impaired people.

3. The airtel logo at the bottom of the remote will be big unlike the small logo on the original remote

4. The printing on the buttons of the remote will be big and bold which is not the case with the original one. The original remote has normal font, not bold

5. The back side of the remote will have a different design compared with the original one. The divider line will be near the battery door unlike the original one on which the divider is near the circle. Also there'll be two dots near this line on the FAKE remote whereas it's only one dot on the original one.

6. The battery door will be lose and will make noise as if the batteries are going to fall.

Below are the pictures of both fake and original for everyone's reference.

Fake Front:

f60ebdc3f43be4829a3895f81baade6b.jpg

Original Front:

c86ecb7bc0eca062998c3e60922c4bb8.jpg

Fake Back:

6afa797613c9f9826ef87b5ad6f31771.jpg

Original Back:

8468e31dee8f5c2b96f1b74b99439bdc.jpg

Hope this helps everyone!!

My original post content below

Guys,

I have recently replaced my remote through placing a service request. However, I doubt if I got a duplicate remote. The buttons are hard to press. How can we identify this? Let me know.

Last edited:
Guys,

I have recently replaced my remote through placing a service request. However, I doubt if I got a duplicate remote. The buttons are hard to press. How can we identify this? Let me know.

Post the new remote snap Anna .. how it looks ??

From the first image it seems its not original as the silver line around navigation buttons is not straight at all. But i might be wrong.

@ilikered

Unfortunately duplicate Siva Anna

Just now compared with my remote

Things found -- big buttons , in number 5 button disabled users helping purpose | | these marks must be there for all certified electronic devices it's missing in ur remote Anna , I'm not sure with that blue color stripe arround channel & volume change buttons

Call him for replace Anna

Can you please post the image of your remote?

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock