(Pic) Sony ESPN Launching Soon..... Ads Started On Tv

• Thread starter Navi08
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 74
  • Views: Views 16,654
Anikalra bro are y 100 percent sure that sony has newzealand cricket rights .ayanc bro said not . Anikalra bro please please give reliable source.

I think that if sony has newzealand cricket rights , why pakistan tour of newzealand cricket will not be telecasted???

anikalra said:
SONY ESPN will be a different channel...KIX will remain KIX.

PAK-IND would never have been televised on TEN bcz their head was oftenly threatning to start a rebel league.
BCCI was and is pissed with TEN....

The first hurdle if u remember correctly was UAE and the second one was the rebel broadcasters....
Goverment issue was raised later.....

SOURCE: Read as many articles on CRICINFO.
Yes there is a issue between ICC/BCCI & TEN/ZEEL. But contracts are legal agreements and if not followed may lead to severe consequences. TEN are the official broadcaster of Pakistan's home series no matter where its played. If any other channel gets its rights, it would mean the breach of agreement with TEN and PCB would have to pay hefty compensation to TEN. And the rights of the possible Pakistan-India series was never awarded to SONY. I can bet on that ?:D

praks001 said:
Yes there is a issue between ICC/BCCI & TEN/ZEEL. But contracts are legal agreements and if not followed may lead to severe consequences. TEN are the official broadcaster of Pakistan's home series no matter where its played. If any other channel gets its rights, it would mean the breach of agreement with TEN and PCB would have to pay hefty compensation to TEN. And the rights of the possible Pakistan-India series was never awarded to SONY. I can bet on that ?:D

BCCI was ready to reimburse PCB for all the losses they would have suffered due to breach in contract only after that further talks began.
No rights were offered bcz series was not finalised and later on cancelled.
But even if single t20 would have played in neutral venue Sony was the channel to telecast the match.
Morever,BCCI was already breaching the contract in which they agreed to play Pakistan for couple of away series.
BCCI are never worried about legal consequencies.

The issue with Ten Sports has already been resolved after they shelved their plans of the rebel league.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock