Pics and Comments on 4K Quality in TataSky

pragathe2 said:
Yes. my VU tv supports only 4kp25. What is your model?
I am also planning to buy a VU 4k TV. What is your opinion on this TV?

Sent from TheSixthDimension

VU 55" 4K TV is a hdmi1.4 model supporting upto 4k25p only.

My setup: TataSky 4K STB connected to the HDMI(UHD) port of VU 55" 4KUHD TV with the HDMI cable that came with the STB.
Given below are my observations.

Case 1: When STB output is set at 1080p @ 50Hz.
1a:The SD channels look more worse over the earlier 1080i STB.(upscaling from 576i)
1b:The HD channels look slight improvement over the earlier 1080i STB.(upscaling from 1080i)
1c:The 4K channel looks better than the StarHD1.(Down scaling to 1080p)

Case 2: When STB output is set at 4Kp @ 25Hz.
2a:The SD channels look more more worse over the earlier 1080i STB.(upscaling from 576i)
2b:The HD channels look more worse over the earlier 1080i STB.(upscaling from 1080i). Lot of judder
2c:The 4K channel looks more worse than the StarHD1.(downscaling to 4K25Hz. I presume TS signal is 4K50Hz) Lots and lots of judder.

Case 3: When STB output is set at 4Kp @ 50Hz.
All the channels, there is picture but no color.

Good discussion but it will be only useful if people would have 4K Led Tv & 4K resolution supporting box, I think it will take time to get these products as very costly & every body can't manage it. Till many of us can't have HD boxes ...

In India it will take 5-7 years to see 4k..HD is still takin time to find a place in every house,Many ppls r still goin with SD..

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock