Pics and Comments on 4K Quality in TataSky

Hai TataSky 4K STB Owners,
Does TS4K STB output signal at "4K-25Hz" and "4K-50Hz" or only "4K-25Hz"?

pragathe2 said:
Hai TataSky 4K STB Owners,
Does TS4K STB output signal at "4K-25Hz" and "4K-50Hz" or only "4K-25Hz"?

4Kp25Hz & 4Kp50Hz.

AFAIK for 4kp50hz, we require hdmi2.0 cable. But TS has given only a hdmi-high speed cable with the 4k stb.

pragathe2 said:
AFAIK for 4kp50hz, we require hdmi2.0 cable. But TS has given only a hdmi-high speed cable with the 4k stb.

There is no such thing as hdmi 2.0 cable. Normal HDMI cable is required, only port should be 2.0.

However I had problems with my HDMI cable which was certified for HDMI 1.4 (10 Gbps). I was getting frequent audio drop outs on the 4K channel which stayed for several seconds. My setup includes a 4K home theatre receiver to which the STB is connected with the output from the receiver going to the 4K TV. I have now got HDMI 2.0 (18 Gbps) certified cables for both the connections and the audio drops have disappeared.

pragathe2 said:
Thanks jdrocks.
have you tested the TS 4kp25hz and 4kp50hz outputs with a 4kp25hz Tv?

My TV supports 4Kp50/60Hz. However, I have tested with the STB setting at 4Kp25Hz. While the 4K channel works fine, SD channels don't look very good with that setting. The 4Kp50 or even the 1080p setting works better for SD channels. If your TV only supports upto 4Kp25Hz, it will not be able to display picture if the STB is set at 4Kp50.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock