Pics and Comments on 4K Quality in TataSky

Raheel khawaja said:
dear bro if any one can post video on youtube and share a link here. that would be more appreciated.

Here is a small video I made. Do watch in 1080p at least. The video doesn't do justice to how it actually looks. Pointing camera at a tv screen has its drawbacks :)

Hi guys...not sure if you have already noticed...but only 8 cameras are 4K...other angle shots are still showing normal HD quality...

The 4K picture is so good you can actually read the small letters of the advertising on the boundary line even when the camera is showing panorama view of the stadium from the other end.

No pixels visible at all even standing 6 inches away from the screen!!

Bit late to the party. But here are my observations.

1. Thank god no stuttering in live broadcast. It is turning out to be purely 4K content via Discovery that stutters. The "overhaul" clip they show also stutters but surprisingly the moving globe logo of discovery remains smooth. So fair to assume that it's the specific content issue.

2. Audio quality was below average on star sports 4k. Audience noise was over-powering at times and commentators were sounding like speaking inside an inverted horn. But again not specific to 4k it was also observable on HD and SD channels.

3. Not all cameras were in 4K but still the broadcast was very well covered. Best of all: No ads.

4. There were a few interruptions. At times the screen looked like made up of 4 hd screens. But it was for very brief time. Most of it ran flawlessly.

5. I saw the yellow volume control too. But it got fixed in the first hour itself.

Expectations:

1. We will continue to see some content from Discovery to fill in gaps in live broadcasts.

2. I wish TS can convince right stakeholders to make prime sport properties like IPL/French Open/Wimbledon/EPL/Champions League, etc. to provide 4K feed.

3. I don't expect TS to ask for any more money for new 4K content. The initial investment of 6,000 should at least see us through first year.

4. Finally, there is no better way to get 4K than DTH because the content size is too huge for it to be practical via broadband. Optical is a dying media.

That's it.

Thanks everyone who posted screenshots/videos/opinions here. It's really a nice place to hangout with like minded enthusiasts.

4K channel EPG is showing Discovery Showcase and some other programmes other than cricket match. Anybody can plz confirm what is showing in the channel at that time?

Sent from my HTC One_M8

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock