• Thread starter ramr86
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 48
  • Views: Views 3,241
Then only the following possible failure points remain:
  1. Dish alignment
  2. F type cable connector
  3. STB
Try to fix one at a time to isolate the issue.

Then only the following possible failure points remain:
  1. Dish alignment
  2. F type cable connector
  3. STB
Try to fix one at a time to isolate the issue.
Thanks, STB now only upgraded to HD+ PVR box, Dish alignment i have manually adjusted and MER value increased . So i must change the F type cable connector . I will change the connector and later update the status

Is this because old wire ?
Which cable r u using bro, how many years old cable?

For me in tataplay cable getting 12 to 18 % signal strength, after changed to airtel cable getting 24 to 32% percentage,BTW it's mdu dish, outter cable is finolex or local brand, after connected multi port splitter, just used 2 meter cable only but signal improved

I think it's cable/dish alignment issue only

Use RG6 Connector in both stb & dish

If possible post connector, splitter & cable images,

Last edited:
Which cable r u using bro, how many years old cable?

For me in tataplay cable getting 12 to 18 % signal strength, after changed to airtel cable getting 24 to 32% percentage,BTW it's mdu dish, outter cable is finolex or local brand, after connected multi port splitter, just used 2 meter cable only but signal improved

I think it's cable/dish alignment issue only

Use RG6 Connector in both stb & dish

If possible post connector, splitter & cable images,
Primary connection installed on may-2020 and secondary box installed on nov-2020 that time cable fitted . Tomorrow i will post the cable , splitter ,connector images. Now only splitter fitted for super lnb before that universal lnb was installed

The two connectors with insulation tape look fishy. Can you share picture after removing the tape?

DUeZEuz.jpeg

The two connectors with insulation tape look fishy. Can you share picture after removing the tape?

DUeZEuz.jpeg
I will post it after some time, Is RG-59 cable or RG- 6 cable is best? can i ask in cc to change the cables ?

Last edited:
RG-59 or RG-6 cable won't make much difference for cable runs over short distance, assuming there is no damage to the cable itself. Tata Play uses RG-59 as standard during installation everywhere.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock