• Start date
  • Replies: Replies 35
  • Views: Views 3,901

How are you watching IPL?

• Star Sports

• Disney+ Hotstar

• Not applicable. Not going to watch IPL

Results are only viewable after voting.
Nothing is there to argue @Chinmay bhai. You should accept with humility that most Maharashtrians do know at least a decent level of Hindi and sometimes watch Hindi channels, though not necessarily more than Marathi channels. If you still don’t think that Hindi channels are watched in Maharashtra, you can ask another Marathi member like @ak7777 or @Akshay Nanaware bros. @Sagarmude3 bro is not wrong below.
I am not talking about channels I am talking about people Understanding hindi language you need to come in Maharashtra & visit villages there to know, belive on datas and not on basis of anyone review some people understand hindi doesn't mean everyone understand the language. Bro No need to argue on topic which you don't know. Will not argue on this topic anymore.

I am not talking about channels I am talking about people Understanding hindi language you need to come in Maharashtra & visit villages there to know, belive on datas and not on basis of anyone review some people understand hindi doesn't mean everyone understand the language. Bro No need to argue on topic which you don't know. Will not argue on this topic anymore.
Hey
Calm Down Man! Your enthusiasm about marathi is well appreciated.

But I also agree with other peers that marathi sports channels wouldn't be necessary. A vast majority of people do understand hindi as marathi and hindi shares sentence structure also lot of words are common in them. So a person who knows marathi won't struggle much to understand hindi. Which is unlikely in language like tamil, telugu where there is a considerable amount of viewership.

Definitely people in maharashtra prefer marathi shows and marathi channels but from the ratings also we can see star plus, Sony Sab has been in top5 channels.

To conclude, this debate is a never ending story. Star must have done some research and thus held distribution of Star Sports Marathi in past even after launching it.

Last edited:
turzr3l.jpg

Hey
Calm Down Man! Your enthusiasm about marathi is well appreciated.

But I also agree with other peers that marathi sports channels wouldn't be necessary. A vast majority of people do understand hindi as marathi and hindi shares sentence structure also lot of words are common in them. So a person who knows marathi won't struggle much to understand hindi. Which is unlikely in language like tamil, telugu where there is a considerable amount of viewership.

Definitely people in maharashtra prefer marathi shows and marathi channels but from the ratings also we can see star plus, Sony Sab has been in top5 channels.

To conclude, this debate is a never ending story. Star must have done some research and thus held distribution of Star Sports Marathi in past even after launching it.
I Think Rather Than Star Sports Marathi
Disney-Star Should Lounch A Marathi Movies Channels Star Pravah Picture it Would be Good As In Marathi There Is Only 1 Major Movie Channel

Currently Star Pravah no.1 channel in Maharashtra and if Star network have to grow and be strong In Maharashtra they need to increase their portfolio in Marathi Market like in Movies, Music, Sports, FTA gec & movies channel on DDFD like Zee Network has this will also increase viewership.

Star Network have made IPL available in Marathi on Hotstar because of most of people demand on social media now after getting good response they may also launch Star Sports Marathi, Star sports marathi was shutdown because of trai new rule and distribution problem like National geo Tamil/Telugu.

From that logic many bengalis understand hindi so Star Sports Bangla need to shut down because still very less people watch it & gets low viewership (this is reason most programs are not there like other Star sports regional channel), instead they can launch Star Sports Marathi which is in demand by most people it will get good viewership.

My Marathi brothers If you don't want to watch Sports in Marathi kindly don't watch no one will force you let others watch who love their mother tongue and my Non Marathi brothers kindly don't oppose Marathi sports channel we never opposed sports in your regional languages.

I request everyone kindly don't be Against Star Sports Marathi, most of people understand hindi (according to you people) doesn't mean everyone like to watch in Hindi also there are many people who love to watch sports and other programs in Marathi but doesn't get it. Let other languages also grow other then 'HINDI' don't let hindi take place of your mother tongue everywhere.

Thank you and sorry for this much longer post.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock