• Welcome to DreamDTH Forums
    An online community for the television enthusiasts!

Prasad Barve to play Calender in 'Chhoti Si Zindagi'

kramkumar

Contributor
Reaction score

Remember Calender, the popular cook of 1987 film "Mr.India"? Actor Prasad Barve is set to play a similar role in Zee TV's new show "Chhoti Si Zindagi".

"My role is that of Calender who takes care of children in an orphanage," the actor said.

Asked about the similarities of the two characters, Barve said: "Well, I would take this as a compliment. Who amongst us have not seen 'Mr.India' and do not remember Calender till now?"

"I consider myself lucky that people find striking similarity of this television's Calender to that of a role played by legend Satish Kaushik! I so well remember him in that movie. He was just fantastic. I hope I am able to do even a bit like him. I will be happy!" he said.

Meanwhile, the actor is enjoying spending time with children on the show.

"By virtue of being a voiceover artist, I am able to keep these kids engaged with my tactics of taking out voices of their favourite animated characters like Scooby Doo and all... I love spending time with them and entertaining them," he added.

http://www.tvnext.in/news/141/ARTICLE/4141/2011-04-13.html

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
DreamDTH.com Article Ortel Communications CEO Bibhu Prasad Rath steps down DreamDTH Articles Discussions 0
Manu Nikita and Himashu Soni in SABTV’s Khatmal-E-Ishque; Atul, Prasad and Shekhar roped TV Shows & Programs 0
R Chidiya Ghar actor Gadha Prasad aka Jitu Shivhare to get married on July 13 TV Shows & Programs 0
RajKumar Patriot Ram Prasad Bismil Birth Anniversary Social Chat 1
mmadhankumar Six new Channels to be launched from Sai Prasad Media group TV Channels News 3
Bapun Raz Sai Prasad Media to launch Hindi news channel in July 2011 TV Channels News 0
RajKumar Mayasabha | Rahi Anil Barve Bollywood 0
DreamDTH.com Article Eurosport signs agreement with Play Magnus Group to broadcast Champions Chess Tour in Europe and Asia TV Channels News 1
DreamDTH.com Article Movies NOW and MNX to premiere The Prodigy and Child’s Play this Saturday DreamDTH Articles Discussions 0
DreamDTH.com Article Airtel and Lionsgate Play partner to bring premium Hollywood movies to Airtel Xstream Box Airtel Xstream 1
DreamDTH.com Article Tata Sky Binge strengthens OTT play with the addition of VOOT Select and VOOT Kids Tata Sky Binge+ 1
anikamathur02 Good News Bindass Play and Disney XD Is Making Comeback TV Channels News 8
DreamDTH.com Article Hina Khan to play the leading lady in Naagin 5 DreamDTH Articles Discussions 0
DreamDTH.com Article Bloomberg Quint terminates Digital Live Streaming Service as it doubles down on Digital Play DreamDTH Articles Discussions 0
DreamDTH.com Article Hungama Play launches Comedycha Raada Stand Up Comedy Season 2 DreamDTH Articles Discussions 0
Deepak28686 Update Play Services (Play Store) on Airtel Xstream Box Airtel Xstream 4
Ksk Sad News Zee Thirai not play in D2H General DTH News & Discussions 1
DreamDTH.com Article Viacom18 brings Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi’s journey to becoming Mahatma in 6 languages with cine-play ‘Yugpurush’ DreamDTH Articles Discussions 0
DreamDTH.com Article MIB grants TV licenses to Isaaq, Play My Movie and Play My Song DreamDTH Articles Discussions 0
SarfaRaZ DDF Exclusive Issaq, Play My Movie, Play My Song Received MIB License TV Channels News 11
vicky987 Breaking Fastway launches iptv triple play service Fastway Digital Cable TV 28
G Breaking Tccl provide triple play service Arasu, SCV, TCCL & VK Digital MSOs 3
ravimule Discussion Why any music channel isn't play the Indipop songs? TV Shows & Programs 10
Ashok L Seeking Help CL - 017 Error when trying to play Airtel movies Airtel Internet TV 7
Aksgr viacom18 awarded diamond play button TV Channels News 0