Puthu Yugam missing from SCV Analogue.

I don't know how curbing a particular channel will intend the public to buy a SCV STB.

More than 50% analog subscribers (Tamil viewers) are happy with those 10-20 Tamil channels offered in analog..
They don't want to spend much money in cable for more channels & stick with analog..
Even some people are not aware of "What is STB?"

All this stupid moves of SCV will result most subscribers to move DTH instead of buying SCV STBs..

Simply, Analog technology of offering 100+ Channels is killed just for the "Digitisation's" name sake..

100 channels' slots can be filled with atleast must carry DD Direct channels or some other FTA instead of black out.

48 Channels for Rs.100+ is the biggest revenue for SCV.(More profit than Digital Comparatively )

20+Lakhs analog subscribers won't migrate to digital cable until it becomes cheaper..

Remember SCV silently increasing Digital cable's monthly pack rate.(5Rs hike in every pack)

aravindan said:
I don't know how curbing a particular channel will intend the public to buy a SCV STB.

More than 50% analog subscribers (Tamil viewers) are happy with those 10-20 Tamil channels offered in analog..
They don't want to spend much money in cable for more channels & stick with analog..
Even some people are not aware of "What is STB?"

All this stupid moves of SCV will result most subscribers to move DTH instead of buying SCV STBs..

Simply, Analog technology of offering 100+ Channels is killed just for the "Digitisation's" name sake..

100 channels' slots can be filled with atleast must carry DD Direct channels or some other FTA instead of black out.

48 Channels for Rs.100+ is the biggest revenue for SCV.(More profit than Digital Comparatively )

20+Lakhs analog subscribers won't migrate to digital cable until it becomes cheaper..

Remember SCV silently increasing Digital cable's monthly pack rate.(5Rs hike in every pack)

well said :sp

Satvijay said:
can they order the channels based on the viewership as below- may be im wrong with the viewerships correct me if im.

SUNTV
VIJAYTV
KALAIGNAR TV
JAYA TV
ZEE TAMIL
and rest follows

News channels:
Puthiya thalaimurai ( anyways this will not be there forever in scv though they are the number 1)
SUN news
Thanthi TV
Kalaignar news
jaya plus
and the rest

Music:
Sun music
isaiaruvi
jaya max
raj musix

movies
Ktv
raj digital
etc

I think mostly they wont order the channels like you have suggested as this will bring some channels to front which will increase their viewership due to some serials which can definitely cause some immediate small percent loss in viewership in their own channels and this could further increase with time.

Imagine Raj digital plus in some viewable slot, some might like the movies plying there and this can divert some movie viewers from the top one.

And i'm a bad tv watcher that makes me the wrong choice to position channels based on viewership. But on news front Thanti Tv might be on the 2nd (1st in Chennai analogue) in TN.

aravindan said:

Yes, they mostly wont for one or two channel. Most seem to struck with some soaps on a daily basis.

aravindan said:

It can be as high as 70%. Most people are ok with some tamil serials and other language viewers would have already migrated to STB or to some DTH as analogue barely has any other language channels.

aravindan said:

Yes. That too after the license issue DTH has become a more safer option for most and the best option to those like me who can live with just a selected few pay channels. I will move to DTH once i change my location.

aravindan said:

But if the government wants to curb the illegal/untaxed/unaccounted connections under analogue then its no harm in going DAS but the country has to subsidise basic STB which can support 100 or 150 channels for Rs 500 or less so even the most poor can afford it.

The real revenue via DAS can easily return the STB subsidy.

aravindan said:
100 48 Channels for Rs.100+ is the biggest revenue for SCV.(More profit than Digital Comparatively )

Most revenue comes from channel ad's which are super huge and channel owned MSO can easily control this as per their wish under Analogue.

aravindan said:

If STB comes free or cheap or if Arasu really enters this can change.

aravindan said:

Yes, as long as they don't have a strong competitor.

Satvijay said:
Iam actually waiting for them to remove vijayTV from the analog list, as sun TV real rival is them

I think what you said is happening, one way or the other Vijay Tv is removed from digital packages and now available only on a-la-carte.

Donno if this will affect SCV analogue. We have to just wait and see.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock