Raghav Bahl’s JV co Da Vinci Media shuts down kids HD channel

Dinesh jain

Contributor
Reaction score
Da Vinci Media, the equal joint venture between Raghav Bahl’s Quintillion Media and German media firm Da Vinci Media, has decided to shut down its kids learning channel Da Vinci Learning HD.

The HD channel, which is priced at Rs 25 on a la carte, has shut down on 30 April. Following a targeted distribution approach, the channel is available only on direct-to-home (DTH) platform Tata Sky and multi-system operator (MSO) Hathway Cable & Datacom.

In March, Bahl had told that he would take a call on the JV in few months. It is not clear whether Da Vinci will remain invested in the Indian market or exit completely. Bahl also has his hands full with digital venture The Quint and his business news venture Bloomberg Quint.

The company had launched a subscription-based over-the-top (OTT) service in July last year with the promise of offering kids safe content.

Raghav Bahl’s JV co Da Vinci Media shuts down kids HD channel | TelevisionPost.com

Literally, I don't even saw Da Vinci Learning HD :hehe yet.

hike said:

It was a good channel :s

Last edited by a moderator:
hike said:

Aapke naseeb me nahi tha:p
(It was good channel)

Last edited by a moderator:
Without distribution strategy in place it is bound to fail how good the channel may be.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock