Votes: 4 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Can't say/don't use this feature

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Prankey

Reaction score
Does anyone observe this as my DVR is plagued with this issue since almost an year and I doubt this happens when the EPG team of Airtel incorrectly resets the links.

This issue is in addition to another issue where they abruptly change the series link of the same series barring subsequent episodes from being recorded despite the existing link. You have to add ANOTHER link for the same series and you see both under the series tab for the same channel and series!

I must have lost 100s of episodes and have to monitor them almost every day and usually loose several links over a week (sometimes every day!). There has been no update from Airtel despite reporting this issue several times.

Please raise issue with higher authorities & also post on social websites as this is very serious issue considering that ADTV takes activation/recording charges.

I have been tweeting them for years now! This issue was tweeted atleast 6 months back, no update yet. Trouble is that they do not even understand the issues to work on them and simply tell that other users are not complaining!

It may or may not be universal problem but that doesn't mean they can generalize the issue.

Atleast the changing series link problem should be a universal issue as I have seen it happening right from the day I took the connection when the earlier link stops recording. Latest have been the Big Boss when the first 3 days had 3 different links and the last few days they change the link again.

I have faced this same problem in my Airtel Digital TV HD with Recorder. I think this problem occurs when you set series recording of a program which is not shown on daily basis but shown in weekdays or only a single day per week.

I have faced this problem when I put "Comedy Circus" on Sony TV for series recording. This program is shown on Sundays and I need to always put it on series recording otherwise it doesnt get recorded.

The strange thing is that the program is automatically deleted from series recording list.

It has happened with many other programs as well.

Thats a very irritating issue with ADTV, thats why I love Tata Sky. It never deletes any series recording.

There is no pattern on what type of programmings get series link removed randomly, however I did observe issues earlier on subsequent seasons of Supernatural and Dexter on Star World HD where the episodes from the new seasons never used to get recorded automatically and I used to loose several episodes before adding a new series link!

However, since past 6 months this behavior is quite random without any specific pattern and I keep getting the link removed particularly for shows on Colors HD and Star World HD.

There is one more issue observed very rarely these days (has been around since they replaced the software interface) that the entire series get deleted all of a sudden while deleting an episode without any confirmation or error.

So it may be SW glitch thats causing the problem, BTW its said that ADTV & TS are using same STB SW, so ADTV can deal with OEM to sort this issue if they are serious.

^^ True. Both have similar software developed by Cisco. But IMO Tata Sky UI looks better and attractive than ADTV.

^ I agree! TS+HD UI is translucent when Airtel overlays a black box when you pause a content. However, couple of things I like on Airtel's new software are time based series recordings and Pause button serving as Play as well.

Otherwise Tatasky certainly has much more matured software with Dolby Digital passthrough over HDMI, Wifi Remote apps support and do not have such serious issue of disappearing series links randomly which is extremely bothersome with me loosing tons of episodes unless I check them everyday!

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock