DDF Exclusive Registered Trademarks For Indian TV Channels

Kannada maybe first.
Currently they are trying Kannada (and Telugu) audio feeds for India - Windies series. Star also hold rights for KPL cricket.
Later Star may try Marathi, Bengali, Malayalam audio feeds for cricket like IPL.

@Jas it was applied early this year n it was shared that time .. it's not an new trademark like SS1 Malayalam ok.

@Jas it was applied early this year n it was shared that time .. it's not an new trademark like SS1 Malayalam ok.
Oops! I am sorry but
I did not know about this.

So for the first time we see an interest by Star to expand beyond the big 6 regional languages. Only Zee and Viacom have done that till now.
One thing is common among them-They all are ignoring Punjabi market.

One thing is common among them-They all are ignoring Punjabi market.
The reason is that Punjabi market is all about music, comedy and movies.

Zee had launched Alpha TV Punjabi as an entertainment channel with some daily soaps, but it failed miserably and it was ultimately converted to a news channel.

Another channel with the same concept was Lashkara TV, (I bet nobody had heard about this channel before) from Reminiscent TV Network which was ultimately closed due to poor ratings.

Now Zee is reportedly returning to Punjabi market with a hybrid channel which is a mixture of music and movies.

The reason is that Punjabi market is all about music, comedy and movies.

Zee had launched Alpha TV Punjabi as an entertainment channel with some daily soaps, but it failed miserably and it was ultimately converted to a news channel.

Another channel with the same concept was Lashkara TV, (I bet nobody had heard about this channel before) from Reminiscent TV Network which was ultimately closed due to poor ratings.

Now Zee is reportedly returning to Punjabi market with a hybrid channel which is a mixture of music and movies.
I heard laskara channel...it was punjabi channel and Laskara and Gurjari channel(Gujarati entertainment) from same network

Punjabi market is suffering because of rating agencies, Rating agencies count ratings of Punjab/Chandigarh,Haryana/Himachal/J&K together so the ratings of punjabi channels are not true at all.

I heard laskara channel...it was punjabi channel and Laskara and Gurjari channel(Gujarati entertainment) from same network
Yes lashkara and gurjari was from same group. Lashkara was very nice and famous channel at that time. Also alpha tv punjabi got good viewership. Than ptc punjabi got live telecast rights of golden temple kirtan and other famous events shifted to ptc, because of badal govt backing. That is the reason of failure of those channels in my opinion.

Punjabi market is suffering because of rating agencies, Rating agencies count ratings of Punjab/Chandigarh,Haryana/Himachal/J&K together so the ratings of punjabi channels are not true at all.
Believe me punjabi channels specially music channels have good viewership in delhi haryana himachal j&k, even in up, uttrakhand.
People like punjabi music, and they do watch punjabi channels.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock