Breaking Reliance and Disney Announce Strategic Joint Venture

After merger there will be significant shut down of many channels especially from Viacom 18 side. I think all the Colors branded regional channels & Sports 18 will be withdrawn. Finally the number of channels will stay between 80-90.
Also they will lose some sports properties inorder to clear CCI regulations.
With the exit of Paramount, 'Viacom 18' is going to out of picture. So it may change name to TV 18 or Network 18 otherwise RIL & Bodhi carry over shares of Star directly and keep TV18 seperately for news channels.

After merger there will be significant shut down of many channels especially from Viacom 18 side. I think all the Colors branded regional channels & Sports 18 will be withdrawn. Finally the number of channels will stay between 80-90.
With the exit of Paramount, 'Viacom 18' is going to out of picture. So it may change name to TV 18 or Network 18 otherwise RIL & Bodhi carry over shares of Star directly and keep TV18 seperately for news channels.
Sports 18 is going to shut down for sure..

I hope all duplicate channels shall be closed. Sports18 brand will continue with star sports. There will be adfree movie channels/ entertainment channels.

Channels will be shutdown based on market Share.and not based on Channels Count. We can expect 5+ Channels in Hindi and 1 channel in Marathi.other then this two all languages have below 50% Market Share.Chances are very less in others languages. Even in Gujarathi there is no Star channel.

Imo they may Shutdown..

Star Gold Thrills
Star Gold Romance
Star Bharat
Colors Rishtey
Star Utsav
Star Utasav Movies
Colors Cineplex Superhits
Colors Cineplex Bollywood
Colors Marathi
Colors Kannada Cinema
Sports18 1
Sports 18 1 HD
Sports18 2
Sports18 3

Last edited:
Sports properties how can they loose? I dont think that will be an issue

Thats really nonsense i dont understand, 90% of these rights were with star for 5yrs. Ntg happended then?
Now Same umbrella ownership of two major leagues and own media Rights. all these things definitely anti trust, sure those who invested advertisers not fool.

I mean all these channels are available in all base packs at no extra cost.
Can you Provide Source for " available in all base packs at no extra cost ?.
Sometime some DTH may give it as free.. But we can't consider channel as FTA

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock