Breaking Reliance and Disney Announce Strategic Joint Venture

Still they not shutdown any channel because all are good going ...only company merger. all channel property are different and content also different types so only sport's channel like star has so many channel.so they HV chance to starsports shut down 2 3 sports channel

I hope all duplicate channels shall be closed. Sports18 brand will continue with star sports. There will be adfree movie channels/ entertainment channels.
Sports 18 continue means its a duplication
As there is Star Sports which is an established and popular brand, killing Sports 18 in its childhood is not a wrong action.
Channels will be shutdown based on market Share.and not based on Channels Count. We can expect 5+ Channels in Hindi and 1 channel in Marathi.other then this two all languages have below 50% Market Share.Chances are very less in others languages. Even in Gujarathi there is no Star channel.

Imo they may Shutdown..

Star Gold Thrills
Star Gold Romance
Star Bharat
Colors Rishtey
Star Utsav
Star Utasav Movies
Colors Cineplex Superhits
Colors Cineplex Bollywood
Colors Marathi
Colors Kannada Cinema
Sports18 1
Sports 18 1 HD
Sports18 2
Sports18 3
When market share is valued, in most markets Star leads. Only Kannada stays different. In Hindi its possible to run 2 different brands so that Colors & Star Plus can co exist. But in regional markets it will fail in long extent. So Colors branded channels should give way for Star channels including Kannada(considering all over majority).
Sports properties how can they loose? I dont think that will be an issue
Currently combined entity holds all the biggies as well as the total number of their events are farthest of others.
I meant they will skip renewal of some existing properties as well as not take part in new auctions.

So Colors branded channels should give way for Star channels including Kannada(considering all over majority).
It will just help to Zee to Dominate . With the help of Colors Viwers they can became no1 channel in India..Already there is very Less GEC in Kannada. Along with Hindi Market they can Co-Exist in Kannada also.

Or they should sell the Channel back to ETV or to Vistara TV Network. Instead of Shutdown We don't want Monopoly of Zee in Kannada Market

It will just help to Zee to Dominate . With the help of Colors Viwers they can became no1 channel in India..Already there is very Less GEC in Kannada. Along with Hindi Market they can Co-Exist in Kannada also.

Or they should sell the Channel back to ETV or to Vistara TV Network. Instead of Shutdown We don't want Monopoly of Zee in Kannada Market
Whats wrong with Zee Dominating? Star is dominating 5 markets(including Hindi). So atleast 2 for Zee is fair😅
If CK shut down then viewership split between Star & Zee (Not only with Zee). But co existing Suvarna & CK may be work, I don't know.
Selling Colors brand is better than stunting it for Star. But its less chance to ETV's re-entry to pan India markets. And I don't know Vistara able to afford a bigger network of channels.

Whats wrong with Zee Dominating?
if there is no compitation then there is no Good contents.

If CK shut down then viewership split between Star & Zee (Not only with Zee).
CKs Viewers are similarly to Zee. We already Saw in weekly ratings. Star will gain very less.Colors and Zee are more popular Brand then the Star in Karnataka.

But co existing Suvarna & CK may be work, I don't know.
It will definitely work. Already Colors Kannada and Colors Super Dominated TRP Charts together by Pushing Star Suvarna out of Top 5. But Due to Covid19 effect Channel turned into dubbed Contents, even through they are getting Good GRP then Colors odia , Bangla and Tamil.

If Colors Kannada Network shutsdown then there market value will reduce below 20%

If these Genres will be like these, then it will be easily identifiable!

Colors
- GEC / Movies - Original Language / MUSIC / Comedy / Spiritual

Star
- Hollywood Movies / Dubbed Movies / Sports / Rerun / Classic

OTT
- Voot / Hotstar/ JioHot

Example:

Colors Tamil
Colors Tamil Cinema (Jio Cinema Tamil)
Colors Tamil Hitz /Comedy (Vijay Takkar)
Colors Tamil Bhakti

Star Vijay (Rerun/Classic) (Vijay Television)
Star Movies Tamil (Vijay Super)
Star Sports Tamil

Instead of shut down their existing channels they can swap languages to create new Genres. Also one channel per Genre is more enough.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock