Breaking Reliance and Disney Announce Strategic Joint Venture

• Thread starter Thread starter SarFa
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 347
  • Views Views: Views 72,922
Status
Not open for further replies.
Very bad if the JioCinema name is kept and Disney+ Hotstar, which is a much more established and global name, is axed. I was never a fan of the very specific nature of the JioCinema name which excludes sports and other properties, and I want the name to be terminated in the merged entity. Looks like a classic case of the Ambanis exerting too much influence.
disney + word cannot be used as the disney has 37% odd shares. and jio cinema is now popular as much as hotstar, but sucks at UI and rendering speed.

Very bad if the JioCinema name is kept and Disney+ Hotstar, which is a much more established and global name, is axed. I was never a fan of the very specific nature of the JioCinema name which excludes sports and other properties, and I want the name to be terminated in the merged entity. Looks like a classic case of the Ambanis exerting too much influence.
Just once think about India cricketing rights monopoly. Around 95% cricket rights will be with them after merger!

I think they might rename as Jio Star or Jio hotstar after merger;), I think D+HS shutdown for cost cutting due to Amazon cloud storage, Jio cinema relies on partner/share holder Google cloud storage.

Last edited:
I think they might rename as Jio Star or Jio hotstar after merger;), I think D+HS shutdown for cost cutting due to Amazon cloud storage, Jio cinema relies on partner/share holder Google cloud storage.
they must get rid of old serials , and upload them on youtube. thereby saving money and storage.

Monopoly about cricket is bit exaggerated. Between 2018 to 2022 star had IPL, BCCI bilaterals, ICC events & ACC events. Star also had NZ and SA rights for some time during this period. Wasn't there monopoly that time?

Why would they knowingly bankrupt thier company by acquiring unreasonable cricket rights?

Sony has always played it safe. Even in the Hollywood, they don't have a streaming service.
Disney+ and Paramount+ are struggling in streaming business now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom