Breaking Reliance and Disney merger approved by CCI

• Thread starter Thread starter rajrocks
  • Start date Start date
  • Featured
  • Replies Replies: Replies 413
  • Views Views: Views 50,129
Disney+Hotstar is a terrible app with terrible video quality. JIO Cinema is a terrible app with terrible video quality. Disney fans were livid about JIO buying HBO rights. Now they can all rejoice. A match made in heaven.

Buddy firstly i am in complete disagreement with ur statement....2ndly it is a request that plz have a more balanced viewpoint unfortunately u r always criticising everything which has to do with Disney-Star

As expected. The merger of two superpowers (especially when Ambani is involved) is never going to fail, and the merger of two underdogs is never going to succeed. Can’t say I’m in any way a fan of this Star/Viacom18 merger as I was a fan of Zee/Sony, but it is what it is. Interestingly, the merger was announced on Wednesday the 28th (in February) and also approved by the CCI on Wednesday the 28th (today).

Good to see Uday Shankar will be back at star he was the real person behind star's success under his leadership fox star studios was launched at one point of time it was Biggest corporate studio hotstar was launched he bought yrf to star bought ipl to star and many milestones star achieved star achieved under his guidance

As expected. The merger of two superpowers (especially when Ambani is involved) is never going to fail, and the merger of two underdogs is never going to succeed. Can’t say I’m in any way a fan of this Star/Viacom18 merger as I was a fan of Zee/Sony, but it is what it is. Interestingly, the merger was announced on Wednesday the 28th (in February) and also approved by the CCI on Wednesday the 28th (today).
Bro how zee is underdog it is the biggest media company

Reliance and Disney have spent roughly $9.5 billion in recent years for TV and streaming rights for the world's richest cricket tournament, the Indian Premier League, the International Cricket Council's matches such as the one-day and T20 World Cups, and matches organised by the Indian cricket board.

To get the merger over the line, the two companies have offered concessions to the CCI, including a commitment to not raise advertising rates unreasonably for streamed cricket matches, according to a source with direct knowledge of the matter.

They also pledged not to bundle and sell advertising slots for different cricket tournaments, the source added.

Disney and Reliance's merged entity will also own Indian broadcast rights for the Wimbledon tennis championship, MotoGP and the English Premier League, among other sporting events.

RD.jpg

Bro after this merger I doubt Sony and Zee will think about merging 🤞🤞let’s see

Reliance and Disney have spent roughly $9.5 billion in recent years for TV and streaming rights for the world's richest cricket tournament, the Indian Premier League, the International Cricket Council's matches such as the one-day and T20 World Cups, and matches organised by the Indian cricket board.

To get the merger over the line, the two companies have offered concessions to the CCI, including a commitment to not raise advertising rates unreasonably for streamed cricket matches, according to a source with direct knowledge of the matter.

They also pledged not to bundle and sell advertising slots for different cricket tournaments, the source added.

Disney and Reliance's merged entity will also own Indian broadcast rights for the Wimbledon tennis championship, MotoGP and the English Premier League, among other sporting events.

RD.jpg

It's clear that Cricket (Reliance-Disney) vs other sports (all other broadcasters)

Back
Top Bottom