Breaking Reliance and Disney merger approved by CCI

• Thread starter Thread starter rajrocks
  • Start date Start date
  • Featured
  • Replies Replies: Replies 415
  • Views Views: Views 50,462
Already spent millions on brand marketing.
They spend millions on getting streaming rights.
What's the problem with continuing the name?
The name itself is not correctly placed
Firstly, Jio refer as a Telecom operator how would it be fitted with BSNL, Airtel, Vi OTT including hotstar bundled subscription?
I personally will not promote my rivalry brand with my plans?
Secondly, Cinema refer to as in some kind of movie streaming platform?
In my opinion Jio already knew they will acquire more OTT platform in future that's why they waited this long otherwise JioCinema itself doesn't look like OTT name.

There is no problem with it, but due to Disney holding less ownership compared to Reliance it is predictable that they would include Jio in it.
So Airtel and Vi are going to ditch new OTT with Jio suffix in its name.

But if they do,who is at loss? Airtel & Vi itself. Jio+Hotstar combined would be the biggest OTT in India. Will they lose their customers to Jio again, while Jio itself will advertise and give offers with new OTT.

Jio hotstar or Jio cinema might not bundle to any other Telco or app aggregator, so Jio users have exclusive content and other users will buy directly Jio cinema premium.

Last edited:
High hopes Mukesh Ji will choose Hotstar against Jio Cinema. Made a concept logo of rebranded Disney+ Hotstar as Jio Hotstar.
Wishing for it to happen, can't imagine shutting down of Hotstar which has been an unavoidable mobile application nearly for a decade 🥲 hopefully Ambanis will choose Hotstar over Jio Cinema 🫠

Firstly, Jio refer as a Telecom operator how would it be fitted with BSNL, Airtel, Vi OTT including hotstar bundled subscription?
I personally will not promote my rivalry brand with my plans?
You've answered your own question. This is exactly why they want to retain "Jio" on their OTT platform so that they can push their name to their rivals users. If other telecom operators don't want to bundle it's their loss not Jio's. It's a win win situation for Jio in both the cases

You've answered your own question. This is exactly why they want to retain "Jio" on their OTT platform so that they can push their name to their rivals users. If other telecom operators don't want to bundle it's their loss not Jio's. It's a win win situation for Jio in both the cases
Airtel fiber/ post paid users will in a coup for not bundle of Jio cinema premium with Disney star content & exclusive cricket rights after hotstar shutdown

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom