Reliance Jio to Launch India's Cheapest DTH Service: Will it Give a Tough compitition

• Thread starter Thakur
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 59
  • Views: Views 12,350
sagar.patnaik said:
DTH is not the future, why will they launch DTH service. DTH will probably die after 10 years ?

everyboday talked abt cable will cease to exist, after DTH comes into d fray...

but digital cable TV still exists... and anlogue cable too in many places..

so all these technologies will coexist together, it wud be upto d ppl, which way they wud wanna walk... ;)

Digital cable is always better than DTH. More number of local channels, Low cost with high number of channels. Beyond all our language channels will be in the  first and in order, not like ADTV's worst channel re-arrangement

shawl_who said:
everyboday talked abt cable will cease to exist, after DTH comes into d fray...

but digital cable TV still exists... and anlogue cable too in many places..

so all these technologies will coexist together, it wud be upto d ppl, which way they wud wanna walk... ;)

Analog cable will die in couple of years may be less. DTH will be too expensive once we start moving in to 4K, 5K, 6K, 8K etc as it requires more bandwidth and satellite space cost will be extra burden for DTH operators whereas providing channels through fiber optics will be much cheaper. In the end DTH operators won't be able to compete as better services will be available at cheaper prices through fiber optics. DTH won't last beyond 2025 may be 2030 if we go slow but i dont think India will go slow ?

Don't forget that Day by day satellites cost will come down bcoz of cheap components and ultra low cost launcher and also better compression.

I think Jio is launching STBs which can be connected to their FTTH connection (IPTV). I don't think they are launching a DTH ( regular dish based) service.

They have both broadcast and IPTV license. I think the best option should be integrating both. Because the IPTV is unreliable. If they combine both and use IPTV for VOD services . It will be good

Jio have 100% chance of iptv cable service
1. they hv mso pan license
2. They import iptv set top box for testing
3.they have two option jio link and jio fiber net to connect internet and iptv..
4. They already hv a jio tv . Its easily interface with android iptv box.
5. Jio tv increase to 411 channel with hotstar premium. They increase channel day by day

They have plans to use cpe technology to connect users to the nearest jio mobile tower using fibre initially, and when the jio broadband network comes to that area, those fibres will be connected to the broadband network, forming ftth iptv.

Moreover, their android stb will also act as a wifi router.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock