Breaking Reliance planning an entry in sports broadcasting?

• Thread starter A4Akash
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 55
  • Views: Views 10,869
You are talking as if this will be the first time reliance will be bidding for the rights... They had bid for IPL Rights and lost to Star.. They had bid for BCCI rights and didn't even match Sony's bid there and BCCI rights were in open auction...

Some industry source say Reliance will likely acquire Discovery sports . But is that channel still alive !?

Well on other hand some analyst predict it is nothing but future acquisition of Sony entertainment group in india
Discovery Sports or one 1Sports? Who has many broadcasting rights?

Discovery Sports or one 1Sports? Who has many broadcasting rights?
Discovery Sports aka Eurosport has good properties like MLS, Eredivisie, PFL, AEW, Moto GP, Some Tennis and Golf events rights with other niche contets liek Cycling etc. 1 sports has Nidhas Trophy, Monster Jam and I League highlights. Also some golf and wrestling events. All on Standard Definition. đź‘Ť

Won't there be any conflict of interest when Reliance owns MI and also acquire IPL rights? Competition ethics? Or pay đź’° to babus and getaway with it?
How conflict of Int? Even now they own MI and sponsors most of team. By your logic, Sponsorship of all teams by MI owner should be more troublesome. But Broadcaster dont give money to any team. So no conflict here.

You are talking as if this will be the first time reliance will be bidding for the rights... They had bid for IPL Rights and lost to Star.. They had bid for BCCI rights and didn't even match Sony's bid there and BCCI rights were in open auction...
No... As per my knowledge reliance bid was rejected not because they did not bid large amount. It was because they had no experience in sports broadcast. That is why in last 5 years viacom18 has pushed for so many cricket live event like nirdas or world safety cricket series or Maharashtra league and more

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock