Republic TV, Fakt Marathi and Box Cinema paid households to manipulate TRPs: Mumbai Police

The only reason I even see Republic for a few seconds occasionally is while browsing and its a FTA channel. Even if channels like Republic and Times Now offered money in return to watch their channels, I cannot. Because I do not have the sensibilities to watch those channels. All this time I thought I was in the minority of the viewers who has this opinion but this alleged scam may show that it is not true.

There was a thread and a poll recently on a similar topic - Amidst the Corona Virus, outbreak, which is the best English Indian news channel coverage according to you? , and I was happy to see that NDTV and Wion got the most votes from a very small sample size of 72 people. I was equally appalled that Republic and Times Now got so many votes. NDTV and Wion getting the most votes also show a good number of mature members on this forum - personal opinion.

For reference, in descending order of votes -
01. NDTV - 28
02. WION - 24
03. Republic - 16
04. India Today - 15
05. Times Now - 13
06. DD News - 10
07. CNN News18 - 7
08. Mirror Now - 3
09. India Ahead - 3
10. NewsX - 1
11. News 9 - 2
12. CVR English - 0

Tl;dr - Should the TRPs matter to us? Just watch what you think is good to watch.

Republic TV headquarter is in mumbai and India Today headquarter is in New Delhi. This can be the reason why Mumbai Police only named Republic TV.

"India Today Bechara" 😆
Bechara, right? They are accused of manipulation of ratings. Yet, India Today barely comes on Top 3. On top of that one Times Now's journalist during India Upfront accepted that his former colleague said they will top ratings even before launch. This manipulation were highlighted by Times Now several times.

For those accusing of vendetta. I would like you to check post #23.

Republic TV now started a promo after this case :
Republic TV No.1, 207% Bigger than India Today & 275% Bigger than Times Now!

India watch Republic TV.
India Today and Times Now are playing a different game. They are paid news channels. Viewers are expected to pay premium price to view their credible news.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock