Amidst the Corona Virus, outbreak, which is the best English Indian news channel coverage according to you?

Amidst the Corona Virus, outbreak, which is the best English Indian news channel coverage?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bishnu15

Contributor
Reaction score
Amidst the Corona Virus, outbreak, which is the best English Indian news channel coverage according to you? Let's discuss. Poll is there. Give your verdict too. Maximum 3 votes can be given. Let's not just vote but be interactive too.

WION - Had dedicated coverage about the Wuhan Virus way before other channels. Way before WHO declared Wuhan Virus as pandemic and renamed Wuhan Virus to COVID-19. Also sharing positivity during the pandemic.
Source

India Today - 9 pm's news featuring Rajdeep Sardesai was the first to raise alarm post PM's announcement of lockdown about the situation of poor. They also did a piece on mental health.
Source
Also took initiative to keep people budy during busy by recommending shows and movies.

DD India - Doesn't cut off important live press conference from government for the sake off ads. Which private broadcasters are doing. 8 pm news coverage covers whole of India. Also did a really informative discussion on economic affect of COVID-19.

Also NDTV deserves little bit credit too. They did a piece about apps to work from home inbetween news bulletin.

Last edited:
I don't understand how Republic falls under News Channel category :s
There is a section of media who will glorify violence and wrong doings as long as it is to their political beliefs. Be it left or right. You can find bad things about Republic. I can say same about NDTV. No English news channel except DD India are saint at the moment.

There is a section of media who will glorify violence and wrong doings as long as it is to their political beliefs. Be it left or right. You can find bad things about Republic. I can say same about NDTV. No English news channel except DD India are saint at the moment.
Bro can you elaborate about North East Live news channel? Is it an English news channel? Is it biased towards the ruling party in Assam or it supports the opposition? I was confused whether it is an English news channel or not. Hence I did not include it.

Bro can you elaborate about North East Live news channel? Is it an English news channel? Is it biased towards the ruling party in Assam or it supports the opposition? I was confused whether it is an English news channel or not. Hence I did not include it.
It's a regional channel with coverage in English and Hindi. It is owned by wife of a BJP leader. He is a well known former Congress Leader. Editorial is completely unbiased. You should watch debate at 5 pm. You will see how unbiased they are to the guest. It's the nature of debates here. The other person might have different views but respects each other. They only represent North East like News 9 does for Karnataka. So I don't think. You should include them in the poll

Meanwhile you can ask members. Which International news media they prefer for COVID-19 coverage in comments?

It's a regional channel with coverage in English and Hindi. It is owned by wife of a BJP leader. He is a well known former Congress Leader. Editorial is completely unbiased. You should watch debate at 5 pm. You will see how unbiased they are to the guest. It's the nature of debates here. The other person might have different views but respects each other. They only represent North East like News 9 does for Karnataka. So I don't think. You should include them in the poll

Meanwhile you can ask members. Which International news media they prefer for COVID-19 coverage in comments?
In my DTH North East Live channel is not there. I only get Pratidin Time and DD -Assam. But we should refrain from commenting now on Assamese channel. Let's focus on English News channels in this thread.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock