Breaking Respite for Tata Sky, Airtel Digital TV, Discovery as TRAI assures no action till 30 Jan

• Thread starter Shubh
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 212
  • Views: Views 32,629
Extended till 28Jan
This is turning out to be a joke. Is TS just using its influence to keep on adjourning it? Also, in case on 28-Jan TS loses it, would they be able to implement it in 3 working days?

Lots to see. What will the other DTH/MSO operators do in case the inevitable happens (i.e. adjourned/postponed beyond 01-Feb)

how TS can challenge SC order in lower court? what is the benefit of Supreme court then? I think our judicial system itself a joke then

Yesterday i watched a video of some news channel where they were discussing this case. TRAI representative was saying that the subscribers of TRAI should individually call TS and ask them to migrate to newer plans since it's highly beneficial for all parties involved! Another guy blatantly lied by saying if the price has increased after this new rule then the person who made the pack is unaware of how it works. I'm like what the hell this guy is smoking?

Multiple subscribers have made their packs and showed discontent since the tariff increased to most people who watch even 10-15 channels. Just because he watches 2 channels doesn't mean everyone does!! He also said Tata Sky was charging him 700+ for just few channels 😂 It's clear TRAI is misleading and manipulating for their own benefits and just wants to show people that Tata Sky has an agenda against them and are delaying unnecessarily!

Last edited:
how TS can challenge SC order in lower court? what is the benefit of Supreme court then? I think our judicial system itself a joke then

SC Look at the case from patent point of view and the summery of SC judgement is if there is conflict between patent law and TRAI act then TRAI act will prevail whereas TS case is about cost of doing business related.

So legally both are different

The Problem With Tata Sky Is Their Existing Multi Year Deals With Few New Broadcasters

Somehow Now They Have To Put Those CF Paid Channels In Customers Pocket!

24 TPs Playing Biggest Role Here!

As They Had Already Acquired 24 TPs Somehow They Have To Utilise Them!

Eg:!

14 HD Per TP Means 100 HD In 7 TPs!

In Balance 17 TPs An Average Of 800+ SD Channels Can Be Easily Accommodate!

Now Big Broadcaster Won't Pay CF For Even A Single Channel Except Incentive Sharing!

So What You Want Tata Sky To Do Here?

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock