RIO MRP rates published by broadcasters

• Thread starter RLOA
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 285
  • Views: Views 64,020
Will regular current monthly packages continue? Because I feel my current pack i pay 460rs on sun direct seems,correct for me with new rules selecting channels i want to watch seems to be bit expensive for me

I think the current system was good. For those who watch few channels or only home language this will be good-130+some pay channels +tax and total cost will be under 200.For others its tough.There are 2 methods purchasing channels individual or bouquet provided by broadcaster. Good channels are priced 19 so for 10 channels it will cost 150+,if we choose bouquet there is unwanted channels too. Bouquet prices ranges from 39 it is also costlier when sum up. Cable tv users will suffer more than DTH since cable provides almost channels at 200-250 and they are going to loose that.

I think the current system was good. For those who watch few channels or only home language this will be good-130+some pay channels +tax and total cost will be under 200.For others its tough.There are 2 methods purchasing channels individual or bouquet provided by broadcaster. Good channels are priced 19 so for 10 channels it will cost 150+,if we choose bouquet there is unwanted channels too. Bouquet prices ranges from 39 it is also costlier when sum up. Cable tv users will suffer more than DTH since cable provides almost channels at 200-250 and they are going to loose that.
Yes. As a ACT cable tv user, we have watched all pay channels for Rs.250/- per month. Now, I think we shall select lessthan 10 pay channels for that amount!

₹130 is only MRP and price of base pack can be decided by providers. Due to competition they tend to minimise price of base pack and it will certainly help customers.
Also providers too can launch packages of their own having 2 or more channels of different broadcasters which makes each provider different. Here also there would be a competition which make customers happy.

Last edited:

current system of fixed deal is the reason why we see so many broadcaster discontinuation notice and fight between broadcaster and DTH/MSO. TRAI wants to eliminate that so they implement it.

₹130 is only MRP and price of base pack can be decided by providers. Due to competition they tend to minimise price of base pack and it will certainly help customers.
Also providers too can launch packages of their own having 2 or more channels of different broadcasters which makes each provider different. Here also there would be a competition which make customers happy.
Anyway both providers and broadcasters can't go with a higher price. If so then subscribers will addon only 'must' channels. So it will affect other channel ratings.

Can anybody clear 9XO as a FTA what is its price and according to new rules it can land on Tata Sky and dishtv as it should already has a 20% reach and would not require to pay carriage fees.

I think as per new tariff order, Service providers cannot offer discount on their formed boutiques(from broadcasters a la carte rates), so its easy to select a la carte channels of different broadcasters.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock