Good News RRR | Ram Charan, Jr. NTR, SSR

Congratulations RRR for paying ₹40,000. Yes, 40 thousands (you read it right) to your hindi script writer on a ₹550 crore budget movie. Rajamouli must be proud on that. 👏

Last edited:
Congratulations RRR for paying ₹40,000. Yes, 40 thousands (you read it right) to your hindi script writer on a ₹550 crore budget review. Rajamouli must be proud on that. 👏
40000 for just translating. Whoa, that's huge!!

The whole script. Translation is not for the language. If you do word to word translation. Movie won't be watchable in Hindi or any other language.
Still, there is no original work there. So, I don't think higher payment can be expected. Anyway, where did this news come from? Who is the guy that got this payment?

Still, there is no original work there. So, I don't think higher payment can be expected. Anyway, where did this news come from? Who is the guy that got this payment?
The Economic Times podcast.
On top of that they have to write everything to make sense into where a producer is making over ₹100 crores. Do you think ₹40,000 is justified? This is not some background artist. It is a person who is making a whole sense into a movie on a different language.

The Economic Times podcast.
On top of that they have to write everything to make sense into where a producer is making over ₹100 crores. Do you think ₹40,000 is justified? This is not some background artist. It is a person who is making a whole sense into a movie on a different language.
I went through it. She spent 7 days, 12 hours a day. There are people working much harder than that and making lesser money. It's all relative. We don't know the exact economics of the film, there could be thousands of artists who does several different things for a movie and getting different pay cheques. And why this is being made a case only based out of RRR? How much did they pay for Pathan telugu writer or WAR telugu writer? It's not like Rajamouli had suddenly made the decision to reduce the pay cheques for dubbed script writers? By the way, she never mentioned she got 40k for RRR, she only said someone might ask her to write the entire film for 30k as an example, unless I misheard it (Quote me the time where she mentions 40k, if I'm wrong). Also, imagine the situation before some of these films started making money in the other industries. Previously, there was no market, and the situation must have been much worse. I agree they could be paid better, however, don't blame it on one industry or one guy.

I went through it. She spent 7 days, 12 hours a day. There are people working much harder than that and making lesser money. It's all relative. We don't know the exact economics of the film, there could be thousands of artists who does several different things for a movie and getting different pay cheques. And why this is being made a case only based out of RRR? How much did they pay for Pathan telugu writer or WAR telugu writer? It's not like Rajamouli had suddenly made the decision to reduce the pay cheques for dubbed script writers? By the way, she never mentioned she got 40k for RRR, she only said someone might ask her to write the entire film for 30k as an example, unless I misheard it (Quote me the time where she mentions 40k, if I'm wrong). Also, imagine the situation before some of these films started making money in the other industries. Previously, there was no market, and the situation must have been much worse. I agree they could be paid better, however, don't blame it on one industry or one guy.
I am not blaming on one industry. I don't have stats about other industries and movie. As she said other makers probably offered her way less than that. Being a ₹550 crore budget movie. She deserved way better than the peanuts worth amount offered to her.

I am not blaming on one industry. I don't have stats about other industries and movie. As she said other makers probably offered her way less than that. Being a ₹550 crore budget movie. She deserved way better than the peanuts worth amount offered to her.
There are many dubbed movies being made with hunderds of crores and earning hundreds of crores, and probably paying similar/lesser amount to the dubbing writers. Numbers are easily available on the internet. It doesn't make sense to put these things in the RRR related thread as if it's a trend being started by Rajamouli and RRR team. On top of that, Rajamouli is not paying anything to anybody. He himself is getting paid by the producer. It's the producer who pays the money at the end of the day, and Rajamouli has got nothing to do with it.

Again, What's the timestamp she mentions the amount she got for RRR? She din't mention any amount as far as I heard. The only amount she mentioned was an example of someone might come to her and ask to dub the entire film for 30k and that's what she also quotes as peanuts. It's not the amount she got for RRR.

Then blame everyone. Its industry standard to offer whatever they do. And RRR will definitely have paid more than normal standard rates since they were sure to make money and wanted to be popular and hire good writers. Really bizarre how you're dragging Telugu into the mud while leaving bollywood alone.

Last edited by a moderator:
[Blunt reply alert] This is how any industry works and do not criticize just based on few stats. Let's take an example of any IT conglomerate, companies will make billions while paying employees a market standard salary. In this case sure they made 550 crores but that doesn't mean that they'll pay everyone in crores or lakhs.

The standard process is to get quotes from multiple artists and they'll choose one based on quality and economy. I absolutely agree with others that 40k must've been market standard or above market standard pay for a dubbing script writer.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock