Saregama acquires music rights after 6 years

rahul1117kumar

Contributor
Reaction score
Returning to music acquisition business after a gap of six years, Saregama India has signed two deals with Pen Movies for their upcoming Bollywood releases.

This strategic partnership includes the acquisition of music rights to the film ‘Kahaani 2: Durga Rani Singh’. The other acquisition is not announced yet.

Commenting on the acquisition, Saregama India, MD, Vikram Mehra said, “Saregama was always going to get back to film music. It’s our legacy, part of our DNA. We were waiting for the right time and the right partnership which we found with Jayantibhai Gada and Pen Movies.”

A sequel to ‘Kahani’, ‘Kahaani 2: Durga Rani Singh’ is a mystery thriller featuring Vidya Balan and Arjun Rampal, and is slated to release on 2 December.

Pen Movies’ Jayantilal Gada commented, “We at Pen are extremely proud to be associated with Saregama, the pioneering music label in India. I feel the platform that Saregama will give to ‘Kahaani 2: Durga Rani Singh’ will help the film immensely. I also thank Saregama for giving some great Bengali music for the film, which I’m sure the audiences will love to hear.”

Saregama owns the largest music archives in India. The company has also expanded into other branches of entertainment such as publishing, TV software and digital content. It also runs studio facilities in Dum Dum, Kolkata.

Saregama acquires music rights after 6 years | TelevisionPost.com

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock