Discussion Why English Ent.Channels Shutdown In India

Adil Shaleh

Reaction score
I am writing from Bangladesh. A question has been on my mind for a long time. I started from 2006. I was 12-13 years old and have been interested in dish antennas ever since. At that time Lemon Tv had music channel along with jhankker movies. The cable operator seemed to be as eager as me and used to scan every few days and go through all the TV channels. Let 2 channels shutdown since many years. But in India now one by one channels are coming, teleshop is showing, shutdown after a few years what could be the reason? No English GEC survives in India like Star World somehow survives.
AXN,WB,HBO INDIAN FEED,FOX GROUP MANY CHANNELS, REAL,LMN,TCM & many shutdown

Reactions: HRP
Reason is audience who watches English gec and movies have shifted to OTT platforms where they can watch the shows at their convenient time. Broadcasters have shifted all their channel content on these OTT platforms like Hotstar

Why would they watch it on TV with censorship when they can watch it anytime at their convenience on OTT without any censorship

There are VERY less numbers of Audience who watch English GEC on TV.
Mostly people prefer Hindi or Regional Content.
And all DTH provides regional channels at affordable prices but English channels are included in the highest package only starting from 400/- and above whereas Hindi or Regional Content's Packages starts from 154/-.

Those very less no.of English GEC audience have shifted to OTT because of cheaper plans and Convenience to watch as mentioned by a user above.

BTW you have asked same Question in Aug 2022 also and now copy pasted the same. No need to make such threads again & again.
xiVkOMh.jpg

Because English audience moved to OTT platforms for early access and uncensored content. You still got Comedy Central, Colors Infinity and Zee Cafe offering you latest and diverse content.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock