Discussion Satellite rights of Hindi movies

Seriously there are so many good indian movies for kids with star network, but not interested to show even on weekends on prime time (usually shown in watershed hours)
Namely - Bum Bum Bole, Thoda Pyar Thoda Magic, Ta Ra Rum pum (upcoming yrf renewal), Bhoot Unkle, Bhoot and Friends, Chain kuli ki Main Kuli (if star regains it), Jajantaram Mamantaram,etc

They can be shown on 3 of kids channels from star network itself - Hungama, Super Hungama & Disney Channel
Like earlier they used to show Ra.one & Chillar party

Or atleast they should start a free movie channel for kids

Bum Bum Bole, Bhoot Unkle, Jajantram, Mamantram r aired regularly on prime slots across all star/disney hindi movie channels. Not only these but several other kids movies including animation films can be seen on all their hindi movie channels on a daily basis.

Bhoot and Friends too i guess has aired number of times on their channels, not sure if they still hold the rights of this movie. Thhoda Pyaar Thhoda Magic is not an entirely a movie which is suitable for kids, it has songs like Lazy Lamhe which surely one would not like to watch with kids. Ta Ra Rum Pum still with sony, once star/disney gets it i am sure they will air it frequently. Chain Kuli Ki Main Khuli too was aired often on star/disney hindi movie chs when they had its rights, now it is with sony which has ignored this movie.

All in all as i have said star/disney is best in managing its bollywood movies library, almost all films find space across its chs. At various intervals movies r rested but then aired regularly again after this short gap.

Don’t know when the pending channels will see light of the day as they have delayed the launch numerous times. Such good movies should at least air once a month.

Wait a little more buddy, they might b working on shaping up the future of some of the current chs and deciding which new chs are to b launched at what point of time. Also pricing, bouquet, promotional plans and so many other things need to be perfectly aligned so that best possible results r achieved once strategy gets implemented

Just to watch this films we need to wait to launch star gold romance or star gold thrills. Is their any confirmation from broadcaster when this channels will be launched?

Bcoz star/disney would want to generate a high level of interest among viewers about these channels. Keeping certain movies rested helps to add unique appeals towards the content of the new channel once its launched. Till that time u can wait or watch the movies online

Wait a little more buddy, they might b working on shaping up the future of some of the current chs and deciding which new chs are to b launched at what point of time. Also pricing, bouquet, promotional plans and so many other things need to be perfectly aligned so that best possible results r achieved once strategy gets implemented
I hope star gold thrills just replace name & not content of UTV action, coz recently channel has started airing some exclusive movies, thrills should be Hollywood centric channel only

@dino29 am a bit confused now.......as their is sharing of movies library between B4U & Sony, B4U has got satellite rights of some Vishesh Films Movies, So will Showbiz, Awarapan & Recently Aquired Saaya be aired on Sony Hindi movie Channels (just like gangster & Woh Lamhe)
Or will leave B4U and join Star soon ?

Last edited:
@dino29 am a bit confused now.......as their is sharing of movies library between B4U & Sony, B4U has got satellite rights of some Vishesh Films Movies, So will Showbiz, Awarapan & Recently Aquired Saaya be aired on Sony Hindi movie Channels (just like gangster & Woh Lamhe)
Or will leave B4U and join Star soon ?

Sony can air but i don't see them doing so. I had included names of these 2000s era vishesh films in feedback i shared with their hindi movie channels cluster head few months back.

Though i feel Eros many movies will soon shift from sony/zee to star/disney and Viacom18

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock