Discussion Satellite rights of Hindi movies

Colors cineplex is doing great and fantastic for Bollywood movies.
As I said earlier also colors cineplex (Viacom) is trying to grab maximum mass entertainer movies which gives great repeat value. And Raja Hindustani Too falls in that category.
Just now colors cineplex needs to do proper scheduling of movies, give airtime to bollywood movies which they neglect by airing at 1 or 2 am, maintain a proper balance between dubbed and bollywood movies, and be strong in acquisition of New movies as well, I am sure they will be in top 5 soon and give tough competition to others as well which will be great
So now srk red chillies movies like Chamatakar(avialable on thier u tube channel) Happy New Year, Dilwale etc is expected to move to Viacom in future.
I think this is a result of the cancellation of the merger with Sony. V18 knows that if it has to remain competitive without any partnership, it has to acquire Bollywood films aggressively. All this while Viacom18 was the weakest Hindi movie broadcaster of all, but now it seems Sony is weaker due to mismanagement of Sony Wah and Max 2.

Sony Max does have a slate of upcoming Hindi releases like Shakuntala Devi, so let us see how that goes, but it needs much more momentum.

Last edited:
I think this is a result of the cancellation of the merger with Sony. V18 knows that if it has to remain competitive without any partnership, it has to acquire Bollywood films aggressively. All this while Viacom18 was the weakest Hindi movie broadcaster of all, but now it seems Sony is weaker due to mismanagement of Sony Wah and Max 2.

Sony Max does have a slate of upcoming Hindi releases like Shakuntala Devi, so let us see how that goes, but it needs much more momentum.
Sony is losing movies thats why they are now strengthening their production Arm SPN Productions, They have Nikkama, Aankh Micholi, Helmet, Loop Lapeta, Major and recently another production Dial 100 has gone on floors. They are not focused on Big Budget movies now that's for sure.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock