SCV DAS Ad is back.

Sadiq said:
pearlpearl said:
Satvijay said:
NDTV has been removed, replaced with headlines today. NiCk has been added. anyone noticed?

Yes, noticed NDTV Removal, was sad as it was also one of the best news channels. Didn't check Nick, will try shortly. Want ten action, HBO & Start Movies. :sp :D

Come to Velachery.. Here, LCO is giving Star Movies and HBO on his own... But not TEN Action :no

Wow, seems like a nice LCO. I wish all LCO's does the same, paying more for these channels is not an issue but i cant go for STB unless we are sure of the MSO.

i think very soon LCO will take main signal from MSO and add whatever channel they feel and give to the viewers to retain their customers, rather than losing it to DTH. Many of my neighbours have already moved to DTH, few are sticking to Cable hoping for some change.

Satvijay said:
i think very soon LCO will take main signal from MSO and add whatever channel they feel and give to the viewers to retain their customers, rather than losing it to DTH. Many of my neighbours have already moved to DTH, few are sticking to Cable hoping for some change.

Yes, it was once reported that during the deadline for DAS switch over in Chennai nearly 4000 new DTH subscription took place on a daily basis.

Once subscribers move to DTH the cable operators cant expect all of them to return even if he gives cheaper package, some will still stick with DTH due to quality and transparency and cost would be secondary.

So LCO's have no choice but to slowly add pay channels unless the channels object it or TRAI forces them to stop.

Very difficult , lco to add all or most pay channels.
CAS is in place at chennai from last 10 years..
Most LCO's giving signals for only cricket matches to chennai viewers
I didn't see LCO's giving signal for any other channel (except satvijay case, who getting some english movies channels).
Middle / Lower middle class people will stick will analog, as they getting all tamil channels, discovery / history tamil channel, tamil & english news channels, and also all india cricket matches (most lco giving it)..etc.. at cost of just 100 per month..Most family will satisfy with this package.
who else want to move dth for 1500 initial cost and monthly rate of above 200rs.
Another advantage is we can have multiple tv sets with one connection...

sathishbabu4u said:
I didn't see LCO's giving signal for any other channel (except satvijay case, who getting some english movies channels).
Middle / Lower middle class people will stick will analog, as they getting all tamil channels, discovery / history tamil channel, tamil & english news channels, and also all india cricket matches (most lco giving it)..etc.. at cost of just 100 per month..Most family will satisfy with this package.
who else want to move dth for 1500 initial cost and monthly rate of above 200rs.

Not most pay channels, just it was during CAS times and LCO might try to give another 1 or 2 pay channels from his end using his STB.

Half of this has already happened with SCV already, first they brought the STB Add and slowly removed most of the channels and tried to force CAS and one day suddenly stopped signals and returned only after several LCO's moving to different MSO's like Arasu.

So now its LCO's time to make changes to retain customers.

People in some areas and those who have good income can easily spend Rs 300 + without much issue and once they start to experience trouble free viewing and online payment system then they may not return back to cable unless they find it worth to move which is quite hard in Monopoly type place like Chennai.

pearlpearl said:
sathishbabu4u said:

Not most pay channels, just it was during CAS times and LCO might try to give another 1 or 2 pay channels from his end using his STB.

Half of this has already happened with SCV already, first they brought the STB Add and slowly removed most of the channels and tried to force CAS and one day suddenly stopped signals and returned only after several LCO's moving to different MSO's like Arasu.

People in some areas and those who have good income can easily spend Rs 300 + without much issue and once they start to experience trouble free viewing and online payment system then they may not return back to cable unless they find it worth to move which is quite hard in Monopoly type place like Chennai.

anyways chennai is a price sensitive market, only the elite class will move to dth as they cannot bear this unclear change of digitisation. for the cable operator, he cannot loose his business further to DTH, since there is a utter confusion as who will be the next MSO, my LCO is giving his own feed along with SCV, this is somthing which i get only now, previously before the digitisation i have asked my LCO to give feeds of movie channels he resisted as SCV was a monopoly with complete govt support, now the situation is little jittery so my LCO is making use of it and retain his business. once arasu or some other strong mso comes in, he will mostly remove his feed thats what i feel.

Satvijay said:
pearlpearl said:
sathishbabu4u said:

anyways chennai is a price sensitive market, only the elite class will move to dth as they cannot bear this unclear change of digitisation. for the cable operator, he cannot loose his business further to DTH, since there is a utter confusion as who will be the next MSO, my LCO is giving his own feed along with SCV, this is somthing which i get only now, previously before the digitisation i have asked my LCO to give feeds of movie channels he resisted as SCV was a monopoly with complete govt support, now the situation is little jittery so my LCO is making use of it and retain his business. once arasu or some other strong mso comes in, he will mostly remove his feed thats what i feel.

Same is the case in my area too.. As I mentioned in some other post, my LCO is also giving around 20 channels on his own, which includes Puthiya Thalaimurai, Star Movies, HBO, Ten Sports, SET Max. He is also relying one local channel V TV from Alandur cable network named Vignesh Sat..

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock