SCV digital added 6 new tamil channels

RE: SCV digital to add more tamil channels

Do know about SD, but they have told that moon tv, mass tv, mk tv, polimer tv, dheeran tv, sathiyam tv, super tv, peppers tv are package for rs.20. Customer care given me the information.

profsathya said:
Do know about SD, but they have told that moon tv, mass tv, mk tv, polimer tv, dheeran tv, sathiyam tv, super tv, peppers tv are package for rs.20. Customer care given me the information.

Yesterday when i Called the CC in the morning they said only 5 channels for RS20, now they have added more channels to the same pack.Actually not fair. These channels are FTA but not sure whey SCV is charging customers.

Satvijay said:
Yesterday when i Called the CC in the morning they said only 5 channels for RS20, now they have added more channels to the same pack.Actually not fair. These channels are FTA but not sure whey SCV is charging customers.
analog viewers can you confirm if you are getting peppers tv and super tv now.

Satvijay said:
analog viewers can you confirm if you are getting peppers tv and super tv now.

SCV analog have peppers tv , super tv and Vanavil channels

Satvijay said:
The moment SCV shuts of analogue, we can see huge rise in DTH and DAS.

Last time when SCV turned off analogue LCO's moved to another MSO and then returned back again, the same would happen if SCV tries it again.

I think its the LCO who for some reason sticking to it and failing to promote DAS. LCO's moved to VK for some reason and might again move back to SCV for some other reason. Unless MSO comes out with some low cost basic STB, its hard to move users to DAS.

And yes, DAS & DTH are the future of cable tv. Hope this future comes soon. :)

RE: SCV digital added 5 new tamil channels

The difficulty for lco is selling the stb to all the people. People are not going to accept stb prices. Even if it is reduced i am not sure how many will accept it. Lco will not get entire profit as in the case of analogue, when das is implemented. These might me the reasins why lco is not cooperating for digital move. Scv should make all the channels in atleast the topmost pack. Charging another 20 for those channels is meaningless. We are already paying 200 to 250 for p3 pack. Scv should consider this.

profsathya said:
The difficulty for lco is selling the stb to all the people. People are not going to accept stb prices. Even if it is reduced i am not sure how many will accept it. Lco will not get entire profit as in the case of analogue, when das is implemented. These might me the reasins why lco is not cooperating for digital move. Scv should make all the channels in atleast the topmost pack. Charging another 20 for those channels is meaningless. We are already paying 200 to 250 for p3 pack. Scv should consider this.

Yes, the top most pack should have all Tamil, English and Sports channels otherwise its no use in having a top pack. Any new tamil or english channel too should be included to this top pack at no additional cost which would encourage more users to subscribe such top packs.

Other regional channels (Hindi, Telugu, Kannada, Malayalam etc) can be had paying additional as pet the individual requirements.

HOUSE-MD said:
Yes, the top most pack should have all Tamil, English and Sports channels otherwise its no use in having a top pack. Any new tamil or english channel too should be included to this top pack at no additional cost which would encourage more users to subscribe such top packs.

Other regional channels (Hindi, Telugu, Kannada, Malayalam etc) can be had paying additional as pet the individual requirements.

Im in scv diamond pack with p4 pack.  i have no clue what that p4 is. but im getting all the channels except for the new tamil pack. Im paying 270 Rs per month, i have hindi english sports kids everything. anyways i dont need those new tamil pack as i dont watch any of those may be if they give for free in my existing pack else i wil not.

profsathya said:

chennai has three different types of TV viewers, one is those who watch whatever their LCO gives, they are happy as long as SUN tv is available (whether its grainy or clear they dont care) and not ready to spend anything extra on STB or anyother. Others are those who watch what they wanted,and they are ready to pay anything for the channels they want( mostly diehard sports fans). The last is the elite viewers who pay a premium for quality service ( eg. tata sky customers with HD connection). The list of customers who are not ready to pay for STB are like the mobile users who use keypad phones in the age of smart phones. This is just my opnion you can agree or disagree

Satvijay said:
Im in scv diamond pack with p4 pack.  i have no clue what that p4 is. but im getting all the channels except for the new tamil pack. Im paying 270 Rs per month, i have hindi english sports kids everything. anyways i dont need those new tamil pack as i dont watch any of those may be if they give for free in my existing pack else i wil not.

Sounds excellent, i would love to have such a pack but i ws too late....

I think you are on the top pack called SCV Diamond pack which costs Rs 230/- pm + Rs 35 Tax + 5 Round-off = Rs 270. So mostly they will eventually fill your pack with all Tamil, English & Sports channels that's there with them.

And i see that this is the top pack for Tamil Users and the next higher pack (Rs 315 + Tax) is basically for other regional/non-Tamil users.

Yes, not most people would want all channels unless given for free atleast on the top most pack and this is also the best way to lure people to select such packs else most would settle with just base packs plus a-la-carte list of selected channels (Eg. for me all other non-tamil Indian language channels are no use).

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock