Setting Up Asiasat 3s on 5 feet dish

virgo79

Reaction score
Hi,

I am from Mumbai and I got hold of a old 5 feet fiber dish and bought Universal C band dual polarity LNB and Fujitsu Mstar STB.

I have align the dish to receive Asiasat 3S 105.5 FTA channels, Sat. Finder show signal strength as 4-5 with lowest DB level but Quality and Signal strength is 0 on STB.

Signal bar increases for a fraction of second and again goes back to 0. Signal strength on Sat. finder also keeps varying.

This is my first dish and I am very novice in setting up Dish, I request all expert here to help me to solve this problem.

I have attached some pics of the dish for your refrence.
Thanks,

omparkash sharma said:
where u buy this dish

I bought this from a old uncle who use to manufacture such dish.

Is this dish good enough to catch Asiasat 3s signals in Mumbai ?

Thanks

Friend first you must check the focus of your dish towards lnb means it must be align properly ,Then if you get some signal let us say about 20% t0 40% then start fine tuning first dish to the maximum level to get as much signal as you can,when you done now the time is to skew the lnb.

Skewing the lnb means fine tuning LNB by Rotating it to left or right for maximum peak signal. I had a one doubt that, are these Pipes holding the lnb are self made or get with this new dish,I mean if they are self made then might be loss of focus or length from the lnb to dish center. Rest the size of 5ft is ok to receive this Asisat3S sat ,But recommended size is minimum 6ft. but the 5ft will do if make is good.

Do one more thing if you are not receiving the signal with this stb then pl take one fta any Mpeg-2 stb used for DD+ and Try this freq: 4020 V 27500, Because some time STB's also give wrong signal info as they are not for Tuning. :tup

jenius-jatt said:
Friend first you must check the focus of your dish towards lnb means it must be align properly ,Then if you get some signal let us say about 20% t0 40% then start fine tuning first dish to the maximum level to get as much signal as you can,when you done now the time is to skew the lnb.

Skewing the lnb means fine tuning LNB to left or right for maximum peak signal. I had a one doubt that, are these Pipes holding the lnb are self made or get with this new dish,I mean if they are self made then might be loss of focus or length from the lnb to dish center. Rest the size of 5ft is ok to receive this Asisat3S sat ,But recommended size is minimum 6ft. but the 5ft will do if make is good.

Do one more thing if you are not receiving the signal with this stb then pl take one fta any Mpeg-2 stb used for DD+ and Try this freq: 4020 V 27500, Because some time STB's also give wrong signal info as they are not for Tuning. :tup

Jattji thanks your input and suggestion.

You rightly said those side pipe are hand made and even I think focus is not correct.

Attached are the pics of center rod which came with dish, can u plz suggest some ways to fix scaller ring on this rod.

I don't have any other stb :-/ can I use existing stb to tune ?
Thanks

You can use the Round scaller Ring if the present can be removed to fit the lnb properly,So always take care one thing ,while catching a satellite it is good Idea to hunt with single pol lnb and add one high gain signal TP and fix the lnb Vertical or Horizontal and then start Tuning your dish + lnb.

Now the ROD is ok I think but as I said above you must take care of its focal length means the lnb should be properly adjusted and also look towards center of the dish, Not right or left other wise you will get weak signal ok.

jenius-jatt said:
You can use the Round scaller Ring if the present can be removed to fit the lnb properly,So always take care one thing ,while catching a satellite it is good Idea to hunt with single pol lnb and add one high gain signal TP and fix the lnb Vertical or Horizontal and then start Tuning your dish + lnb.

Now the ROD is ok I think but as I said above you must take care of its focal length means the lnb should be properly adjusted and also look towards center of the dish, Not right or left other wise you will get weak signal ok.

Thanks for your suggestion, I did manage to align the dish for 105.5 E and I am getting many TP, but signal for TP 3739V SR 2815 is very weak, is there any way I can increase signal strength.

Now I am using center rod for LNB, will using side pipes increase signal strength. Attached are pics of my dish after using center rod.

Is it possible to decrypt paid/encrypted channels :tup

Thanks

1. Skew The LNB Properly, (I Mean Fine Tune It, Slowly),

2. The Dish Looks Good But Rod Holds The LNB Seems Bit Different (Make Sure The LNB Should Focusing Middle Of The Dish),

3. Try Insat At 93.5E And Get Max Signals Then Go For Another Sats,

4. 5 Feet Dish Not Good Enough For C-Band Sat Hunts

5. If You Have Another STB, Check In That One Also

Impossible To Decrypt Paid Channels, Drop That Idea!

Better Continue With The Centor LNB Rod As The Side Rods, Not Positioned Well!

Turn The LNB Rod To Opposite Side, You May Get Good Signal Strength (As I Got More Signal In My Dish)

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock