Discussion Share your DTH & Television Nostalgia

The Lonelier Island

Contributor
Solutions
Reaction score
Owning DTH was one of my childhood fantasies. Those epgs, service channels and recording features were too tempting. Unlike on cable, channel availability was permanent here. Imagine starting some series on Star World and Zee Cafe. Only for the channel to disappear from cable on the very next day. Sadly, people's way of viewing content along with unwanted regulations destroyed the whole television industry.

Owning DTH was one of my childhood fantasies. Those epgs, service channels and recording features were too tempting
I haven't been able to get over it yet. Miss it so much.

TQsKNmc.jpg

rGtsBEO.jpg

I haven't been able to get over it yet. Miss it so much.

TQsKNmc.jpg

rGtsBEO.jpg
That channel was ahead of OTT. Ronnie Screwvala is one of the most underappreciated individuals of Indian TV. The man gaves us new genres to watch. Movies from across the world on UTV World Movies, mangas on Hungama TV and watchable youth content on Bindass. It wasn't just youth content. You got new concept travel shows and fresh reality shows. Even Hindi speaking audience was introduced to Hollywood movies via UTV Action. Let's not forget ground breaking stories from movies of UTV studio.

That channel was ahead of OTT. Ronnie Screwvala is one of the most underappreciated individuals of Indian TV. The man gaves us new genres to watch. Movies from across the world on UTV World Movies, mangas on Hungama TV and watchable youth content on Bindass. It wasn't just youth content. You got new concept travel shows and fresh reality shows. Even Hindi speaking audience was introduced to Hollywood movies via UTV Action. Let's not forget ground breaking stories from movies of UTV studio.
Exactly UTV Action was before UTV Bindass Movies.. Alien Vs Predator was horrific watch for me..

On a fine day they have locking problem or so in 2008-09(vague memory on dates) on cband we occasionally do Auto Scan for any channels..these channels were FTA for 7-10days.. We added it on our cable offerings.. Nostalgic Moments!!

I have always been a DVR DTH guy. I have used the very first SD DVR that was Tata Sky+ manufactured by Humax which was launched by Aamir Khan around Diwali time. Then I upgraded it to the big size Tata Sky+ HD DVR STB and later upgraded to Tata Sky+ Transfer HD. In between I also tried the Videocon d2h HD DVR. Didn't liked it and it was no where close to Tata Sky DVR experience.

While the journey was memorable, recently I have tried switching to the JioFiber Hybrid STB and I am liking it considering I get all the channels and OTT that I watch without any additional subscription charges (they are bundled with my internet plan). The clarity is good too considering the STB is 4K resolution compatible. Till date I have never kept my room DTH connection inactive but apparently I am thinking to pause my Tata Play connection and consume all the content through the JioFiber STB.

I will continue to recharge my other Tata Play connection as parents are comfortable in watching channels through DTH than hybrid STB.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock