Discussion Should TV shows be released early on streaming platforms?

Should episodes of TV shows come on OTT platforms before it's TV broadcast?

• Total voters
OTT users paid more and a lot above DTH users. So they need premium with no ads.
I don't think so. DTH bill is way more than any of the ott subscriptions.
For example-Average DTH bill is say Rs.350/month(with HD channels)
Whereas the 4 ott (not considering Netflix and Prime because they don't have any relations with DTH content),
Hotstar-Rs.499/year=Rs.42/month
Voot-Rs.299/year=Rs.25/month
Zee5-Rs.699/year=Rs.58/month
SonyLiv-Rs.999/year=Rs.83/month
Subscriptions of 4 OTT/MONTH=42+25+58+83=Rs.208/month
Way lesser than the DTH bill but still DTH has no exclusivity. Isn't this injustice. OTT also carries so many movies and web series.

I don't think so. DTH bill is way more than any of the ott subscriptions.
For example-Average DTH bill is say Rs.350/month(with HD channels)
Whereas the 4 ott (not considering Netflix and Prime because they don't have any relations with DTH content),
Hotstar-Rs.499/year=Rs.42/month
Voot-Rs.299/year=Rs.25/month
Zee5-Rs.699/year=Rs.58/month
SonyLiv-Rs.999/year=Rs.83/month
Subscriptions of 4 OTT/MONTH=42+25+58+83=Rs.208/month
Way lesser than the DTH bill but still DTH has no exclusivity. Isn't this injustice. OTT also carries so many movies and web series.
You should consider Amazon Prime Rs.1499 for. More and latest movies, Sun next Rs.499 for South content, Hot STAR@899 for TV viewing pack and finally broadband service bill for Rs.399+GST per month like NCF for TV

You should consider Amazon Prime Rs.1499 for. More and latest movies, Sun next Rs.499 for South content, Hot STAR@899 for TV viewing pack and finally broadband service bill for Rs.399+GST per month like NCF for TV
Amazon has no relation to DTH viewers except for some movies. Amazon don't have daily soaps. Even if I consider Hotstar 899 pack ,it will cost less. And broadband is not meant for ott only(it is considered more for work from home and online classes).One can save his/her mobile recharge by using broadband. I just want to convey that TV viewers atleast deserve some exclusivity. Specially person like me living in villages where the reach of broadband is still a dream.

Do u have any idea when will broadband reach villages? I just want it in my village. I am actually jealous of people living in cities having broadband.

Amazon has no relation to DTH viewers except for some movies. Amazon don't have daily soaps. Even if I consider Hotstar 899 pack ,it will cost less. And broadband is not meant for ott only(it is considered more for work from home and online classes).One can save his/her mobile recharge by using broadband. I just want to convey that TV viewers atleast deserve some exclusivity. Specially person like me living in villages where the reach of broadband is still a dream.
We cant watch without UNLIMITED broadband for OTT on TV. So, basic cost will be broadband bill.

OTT must be a platform free of tv drama and must be uploaded once the broadcast is completed.
just like how it works for movies pre-release on OTT will divert the core resulting in a loss of ad revenue.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock