Signals interrupting

• Thread starter Thread starter Navarathnam
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 25
  • Views Views: Views 3,854
Sorry to bump up on an old thread but I feel the need to cross check with other d2h users regarding a signal issue that has been appearing now and then for the last couple of months or so. Not sure if and how many co-users here might have experienced this issue since it has got to do with a transponder that holds majority of the regional (tamil channels)

I'm referring to TP 11546 (Both V & H). Most often especially during evening prime-time/weekends there is a terrible drop in the signal quality of this transponder. I experience this with the channels Polimer News (Channel 583) , Sun Music SD (571), Peppers TV (559), Isaiaruvi (583), etc. Though couple of other english/other language channels are also present in this TP, those channels do not freeze/do not display "no signal available" message. When the channel telecast stutters (the news scroll in the news channels does not run smoothly for example), I immediately check the signal quality/strength and the quality would fluctuate between grey color and green color once every 5-10 seconds and the signal strength would be around 75% in green. Once past late night around 12AM, these channels would no longer freeze and be okay to watch "though the signal quality would still" keep fluctuating between grey and green color.

Other few channels (including English, etc) do not freeze/stutter that badly even though they are on this same TP and the signal quality would still be weak jumping between grey and green.

Could anyone assist with this weird symptom ? Even if booking a complaint, it would be difficult to replicate the problem when the technician arrives as it is an intermittent issue and does not occur always. Anybody facing same issue with these TP channels / any suggestion how to fix ? Thanks.

Additional note: At the time of making this post now, just checked the signal on this TP. Strength is at 100% and quality however jumps between grey and green.
This seems to be happening at the moment with only one of my connections. The other multi-room connection shows stable 80% signal quality on this TP. Given the symptom, is it possible for a dual LNBF to fail on only one of the nodes ?

its normal..
some technician said to me that videocon signal indicator is not very accurate. if you check signals with a satellite signal meter you will see different results.
so you dont need to worry about that green/gray thing.

Navarathnam said:
Hi,
Iam totally fed up with Videocon.My Videocon dish not working properly since 3 months..
1st complaint raised on Dec 17th 2016 -200 paid
2nd complaint raised on Jan 22nd 2017 -200 paid
3rd complaint raised on Jan 29th 2017 -200 paid
3months 250 recharged - 750
Totally 1350 I paid last 3 months not even watched continuesly even for a hour. This is my last message I don't want to pay no more for this stupid Videocon.
If I call with in a day they are coming they just do something will take 200 RS and leaving...After half and hour it's not working.
If this forum also not helps me I will throw Videocon outside and will go for another one..I don't know how to show my frustration I hope you people will understand..
Customer ID : *********
Phone : *********, **********

Thanks
Navarathnam

Direct call nodel officer,and asking my pay refund.

Last edited by a moderator:
pramain said:
its normal..
some technician said to me that videocon signal indicator is not very accurate. if you check signals with a satellite signal meter you will see different results.
so you dont need to worry about that green/gray thing.

But the problem is not just with the signal quality. The channels on that TP freeze during such occurrences and/or display "no signal available" message. More evident with the channels I have mentioned above.. 

In fact, I remember during the alignment that the hand held signal meter which would normally give a continuous beep sound was giving "broken beep sounds" exactly in the manner how the signal quality bar on the TV fluctuates. I did check with that guy at that time and he gave a reason that the meter was faulty.. 

I'm totally confused if this is an alignment issue / LNBF problem / STB issue

In very bad need of technical assistance here, dreamdth guys/mods pls advice   :-/

Back
Top Bottom